Car Hire in Baden-Baden
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Baden-Baden
Baden-Baden is a city in Germany, more precisely in the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg. This state is located in southwestern Germany near the border with France. Baden-Baden is a spa town and in 2021 it was included in the transnational UNESCO World Heritage Site under the name "Great Spa Towns of Europe". The city has a long tradition and has been known for its spas for hundreds of years.
The city was founded by the Romans and in the past, there were many different civilizations and cultures that passed through and dominated this area. Baden-Baden has had some ups and downs, but it has always been an important tourist destination with many people coming here for holidays or healing.
But of course, this city is not only known for its spas, there are many other fantastic cultural, historical, religious, and natural attractions in the city and its surroundings that are worth visiting. There is something for every kind of tourist and traveler here, and you should just make a good plan before visiting Baden-Baden. You will have fun here all year round because there is something to see and do every season. Especially in winter, there is the famous Christmas market. Baden-Baden is also an ideal starting point for a road trip through Germany or even Germany and France because the border with France is not far away and many people visit Strasbourg from Baden-Baden.
So, there are really many good reasons to put this city on your list of places to visit while exploring Germany. You will not regret it!
Basic info and car hire in Baden-Baden
- Location: State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany
- Population: 55,527
- Official language: German
- Currency: Euro
- Weather: Baden-Baden has an Oceanic climate
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Baden-Baden are in good condition.
- Car hire in Baden-Baden: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Baden-Baden is at the Karlsruhe Baden-Baden Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Baden-Baden!
Driving in Baden-Baden
If you want to explore Baden-Baden and its surroundings properly, then the best thing to do here is to rent a car and go exploring on your own. The roads are in good condition and the city and the region are well connected with other parts of Germany and Europe. The signage is clear, so all you have to do is follow the road signs and follow the traffic rules to avoid any problems while exploring Baden-Baden. Baden-Baden is an ideal starting point for your road trip, as you can explore Germany from here or even drive to France, as the city is close to the French-German border. If you want to explore the city center, it is best to park your car in one of the many parking lots (note: parking is not free, check the prices before you park) and explore the city on foot or combine walking with using public transport.
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in Germany is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car in Germany is 21 years old, however, some suppliers allow young drivers from 18 years of age to rent a car from them. A young driver fee can apply for drivers that are under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: You are required by law to carry your Drivers Licence when driving. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to provide a copy of your driver's license when applying for the license. If you are mailing your application in, a copy of both the front and the back of the license should be included. You also must present two passport photos to get an international driver's license in Germany. This is all that you need to obtain an international license for driving in Germany.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies.Identification(passport or ID), and valid proof of insurance. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you. At Orbit Car Hire you can buy additional coverage so you can travel throughout Germany without worry.
- Additional requirements: It is a legal requirement that vehicles have certain safety gear, such as orange vests, caution triangles, and a first aid kit. Verify with your car rental where these are located in your car. You also need to check that you have additional light bulbs (are usually already in the car and are provided by the car rental company).Glasses (in case you need glasses, you must always have a spare pair in the car),
- Children in the car: Everyone in the vehicle is required to wear a seatbelt. If a passenger is found without one, then the driver is held responsible with a high fine. In Germany, it is illegal to travel in a car with a child under 3 years old not strapped into an approved child safety seat. Children under twelve (and under 150cm) must have a booster or restraint system and be seated in the back. Ask when booking for a suitable system to be included when you collect your hire car.
- Driving side of the road: Right Hand
- Lights: You must turn your lights on any time you can't see at least 1000 feet ahead. Use your low-beam headlights whenever it is raining.
- General speed limits: When driving in towns, the speed limit is automatically 50 km/h unless stated otherwise. When driving out of towns, the speed limit is automatically 100 km/h unless otherwise stated. NOTE: There will not always be a speed limit sign! Therefore, you need to know that as soon as you enter a village or “built-up” area that automatically means the speed limit is 50km/h! 65% of the highways in Germany (Autobahn) have no speed limit.
Car Hire in Baden-Baden
Most popular car hire at Baden-Baden
The most selected hire car in Baden-Baden is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Baden-Baden are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Baden-Baden
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Baden-Baden. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Germany.
Baden-Baden-Stuttgart (106km with approximately 1,5 hours of drive)
- Baden-Baden-Strasbourg (58km with approximately 50 minutes of drive)
Baden-Baden-Reutlingen (106 km with approximately 1,5 hours of drive)
Baden-Baden- München (328km with approximately 4 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Baden-Baden
Philippsburg, Sankt Leon-Rot, Ostringen, Germany, Waghausel, Strasbourg, Illkirch-Graffenstaden, Schiltigheim, Hoenheim...
What to see in Baden-Baden
Baden-Baden is one of the most famous spas in the world. But besides the spas, there are many other great places and things to do in Baden-Baden. For example, Baden-Baden is very popular among sportsmen and nature lovers, because there are really many beautiful places to visit near Baden-Baden that will take your breath away. So there is something for every kind of tourist and traveler, you just need to research and prepare well before coming here.
Friedrichsbad and Caracalla Baths are two of the most famous baths in the city. These places are really unique because here you can enjoy the mixture of tradition and modernity and really enjoy the healing waters.
If you come to Baden-Baden, you should not miss a walk along the Lichtentaler Allee.
For those who are looking for perfect views and beautiful nature and are not sports enthusiasts ready to climb the mountain, there is a solution. You can take the Merkur mountain railroad.
Another place you should visit in Baden-Baden is the Frieder Burda Museum, dedicated exclusively to the art of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. It is dedicated to the art of the twentieth century. You can see a collection of about 1,000 paintings, sculptures, photographs, and works on paper.
Other places to visit and things to do in Baden-Baden: Altes Schloss Hohenbaden, Geroldsau Waterfall, Trinkhalle (Pump Room), Schloss Rastatt and Schloss Favorite, Fabergé Museum, The Baroque Old Town, The Opera House (Festspielhaus), Roman Bath Ruins, The Paradies Cascade, Brahms House, The Kurgarten (Spa Garden)...
Drive your rental car beyond Baden-Baden
Germany, or the Federal Republic of Germany as the country's official name, is located in Central Europe and is the second most populous country in Europe after Russia. Germany borders Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, and France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands to the west. The country's capital and largest city is Berlin, and Germany's financial center is Frankfurt. In many ways, Germany is undoubtedly one of the strongest and most developed countries in the world. It is the country with the largest economy in Europe and the fourth-largest economy in the world. It is a world leader in several industrial, scientific and technological fields and is both the third-largest exporter and the third-largest importer of goods.
But of course, Germany is not just an industrial and financial giant. It is a country with many opportunities in many different fields. From arts, education, tourism, sports, etc. Germany has a long and turbulent past with all kinds of events and among these events, there are some that Germans are not very proud of, such as the World War. There are many monuments, museums, and places that commemorate these events and send a warning to the world that this kind of event should never happen again.
Germany consists of 16 states (Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Bremen, Brandenburg, Berlin, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Saxony, Thuringia, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Baden-Wuerttemberg, and Bavaria), and each of them has something different to offer and is really worth visiting. The country lies between the Baltic and North Seas in the north and the Alps in the south. So there really is a lot to see and do here, from the south to the north. One of the great advantages of this country is the fact that the road infrastructure here is really well developed and among the best in Europe. It is an ideal country for a road trip. You should probably do more than one road trip through Germany if you want to explore it properly, but you can be sure that you will have a great time no matter which part of the country you want to explore. You can either opt for the bigger cities in Germany, as there are a large number of cities in this country and there are really countless interesting things to see and do in most of the cities. Also, there are many festivals that take place throughout the year. So you just need to research well and make a good plan before coming here, because you really need to be well organized if you want to see and do as many things as possible.
In Germany, there are also many great options for those who prefer a more active type of vacation. For those who love the mountains, there are many great mountain trails and routes that you can explore either on your own or with a guided group. In the Alps you can also do many other activities, from climbing to mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, skating on the many great lakes, etc.
If you are not interested in the mountains, you can always visit the lakes and rivers or even try rafting or kayaking. The countryside in Germany is also beautiful and worth experiencing. You can also drive around and visit many romantic little villages where you can learn more about German culture and traditions, meet the locals and try some local specialties. If you decide to explore the German countryside, you can also be prepared to see some amazing castles. Some of them are abandoned and only ruins remind us that the castle was here in the past, but some castles are still alive and are being renovated to house museums, galleries, etc., and are spectacular tourist attractions. An interesting fact about Germany is that it is the country with the third largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Besides castles, there are fascinating churches and other majestic architecture all over the country that will simply take your breath away.
For technology freaks and lovers of the automotive industry, there are some of the most famous brands from this country whose factories and museums you can visit, e.g. BMW, Mercedez, and Audi...
The country is also famous for its gastronomy and it is important to highlight two traditional German flagships in this field. The beer is undoubtedly one, with the Oktoberfest, one of the most famous festivals in the world, where record-breaking amounts of beer are sold every year, and then of course the sausage, as it is called. If you are in Germany, you should definitely try the sausage and the beer. This is German tradition and pride.
Where to eat, drink, and party in Baden-Baden
Baden-Baden is a very popular destination for gourmets from Germany and also from other parts of Europe and the world. Due to its location, the cuisine here is influenced by many other cultures and cuisines, resulting in a unique and fantastic blend of authentic gastronomy that will not disappoint even the most demanding gourmet. In addition to great food, there are also many fine wineries here in Baden-Baden. For those who prefer beer, there are also some of the best German beers on offer here.
Best restaurant in Baden-Baden
Schneider's Weinstube Im Badener Weinkeller 1869
Heine's Wine & Dine
What you need to know about renting a car
How do you make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick the vehicle you want from the list. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method and fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (the car hire company sets this condition and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to ensure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price, and the payment of your booking. Having your voucher with you at the time of pick-up is mandatory. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. Booking a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date is best - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency of the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted?
You can pay with a debit and credit card when booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop-off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when booking. If you already have a booking, email us at email@example.com, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay to repair or fix it. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection?
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. An excess, also known as a deductible, comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Baden-Baden
Best of Germany