Find out what you need to consider while returning your car on time. What are the actions that can help you have a smooth return? Tips and advice from the experts.
Ensure you have the correct time and date for returning your rental car.
When it comes to returning a vehicle, you have on rent. The most important thing you need to keep in mind is to return the car at the correct time. Your rental contract will have a specific time and date for your return, and they do indeed expect it to be respected.
Car hire companies can be strict about the rental return time. They usually run on a tight schedule, especially during their high season. When each car gets used to its fullest, it can be that they have limited time to clean and maintain the car before the next customer walks into their office.
If you return the car late, you can expect the rental company to charge an extra day. However, most of them will have some grace period for a slightly later return. If you know beforehand that you will be late returning your hire car, contact the rental agency right away to inform them. They might still charge you for the extra day or give a discount. But the most important is that they are aware of any delays. If you cannot reach your rental agency, you are more than welcome to contact the Orbit Car Hire support team, and they will do their best to get the agency.
What can I do to have a smooth car hire return?
We all want to have a smooth return with our rental car. However, we have all heard stories about bad experiences returning the vehicle. At Orbit Car Hire, we want all of our customers to have only the best experience throughout their holiday. We are relaxed after a wonderful holiday, and we want to come home that way. So what can we do to ensure a smooth car hire return?
- Be on time, expect some delay. Whether the traffic or a busy office, it is always good to give yourself more time than less with returning the car.
- Know where the nearest gas station is. One of the essential things we do at the end of our rental is to return our vehicle with the same amount of fuel as we received it. Therefore, you can save a great time by mapping out the nearest gas station.
- Take photos of the vehicle after rental. Pictures are always good when it comes to car hire. After you park it at the agency, taking pictures of your car can avoid unexpected charges later. Take a photo of the mileage status and the fuel status as well.
- Talk to the agent at the car park. Have him look at the car with you before you leave the area. Get a signed copy that the vehicle has been returned in the same condition as you picked it up.
- Make sure you have all your things before you leave the station. It is always frustrating to realize we left something in our rental car. So double-check the vehicle, the glovebox, between the seats and even under them before returning the keys.
- If you are returning out of hours with a key box. Make sure you have photos of the car, where it is parked and its condition. You should expect a confirmation of collection as soon as the rental station opens.
Don't be surprised if the agent inspects the car thoroughly.
There is no need to be afraid that the agent thoroughly checks the car's condition. It is essential for the rental company that the vehicle is in the same condition as before the rental. We recommend that you get some confirmation that the car is delivered in good condition.
What if I am being charged for something I did not cause?
It can be frustrating when the agency charges you for fuel you did not use or fines you did not receive if you documented the vehicle properly before heading off on your adventure. Find the proof and show it to the agent; this can be a photo of the car or the fuel level.
If the agency still blames you for something, even if you have shown them the proof. Do not hesitate to contact us at Orbit Car Hire. We will always do our best to help our customers and find a way to settle the matter.
When is my security deposit released?
Since there is no damage to the vehicle and no fees accrued when the rental period was active, you should receive your full deposit within ten working days. There can be some things to consider, such as your bank or when you picked up the vehicle. If you have not received your deposit, it has been more than ten days since you dropped off the rental car. Email the rental agency or even contact us at Orbit Car Hire.
We are here for you.
We at Orbit Car Hire are a team of dedicated people who all share the same passion, travel. And we want all of our customers to have only the best travel experience at all times. We understand how important the car hire experience can impact our holidays. So if you are ever in any doubt, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!