Thinking about going camping with your kids this year? Camping always sounds like a great idea. Kids love camping. But for parents, it can be a hassle. That's why it's advisable to plan ahead and be prepared...for just about anything. Since you're here and you've already chosen your destination - Faro - we're going to give you some tips and hacks so you can have a stress-free camping holiday with your kids.
Choose your campsite in the Faro district
First of all, we would like to remind you to choose your campsite wisely. If you're planning your camping trip in the summer, it's crucial to choose a campsite with plenty of shade. Find out if there are any poisonous plants and educate your children about them. Campsites with cliffs and cracks are not a good idea if you are travelling with a toddler.
Nature can be fascinating, but kids may want alternatives, like playgrounds and pools. Luckily, we've made it easy for you and selected the five best campsites in Faro County:
- Salema Eco Camp is a super campsite for families with kids of all ages. The wooded area of the campsite offers shade for your little ones. You can rent surfboards, stand-up paddleboards and wetsuits and send your teenagers surfing. Whether you choose a tent, RV or caravan, campgrounds have it all.
- Algarve Motorhome Park is accessible 356 days a year. It is more suitable for juniors and teens as there are some cliffs that can be a hazard for young children.
- Turiscampo Algarve is suitable for families with children of all ages. There are various activities for children such as face painting, mini disco, bouncy castle, diving and various sports tournaments. They are open all year round!
- Camping Albufeira is located 36 km west of Faro. If you rent a car in Faro it is easy to get around, but there is also a bus station 2 km from the camp with frequent bus connections. The camp offers three swimming pools, a pizzeria, tennis courts, bike rental and more.
- Orbitur Camping Valverde is located 90 km west of Faro. There is shade in most parts of the camp. You and your family can choose between various activities such as fishing, horseback riding and swimming in the camp's outdoor pool. There is also a large children's playground at the campsite.
Take your children around Faro
Portugal attracts a large number of families all year round. In most cases, Faro is just a starting point. From Faro, you can choose numerous destinations where you and your children can have fun.
We advise you to rent a car and take your kids to Albufeira, where you can ride a crazy go-kart track with them. Zoomarine in Albufeira is also a perfect choice if your kids are crazy about dolphins. You can take your family on a boat trip or for more adventurous types; we recommend the water park in Alcantharilha. Last but not least, take them to the beach - you'll be spoilt for choice.
Travelling in Faro with kids
Faro is a great destination for families with kids. There are many beautiful campsites in the Faro district, and choosing the right one can be difficult. The best way to start your selection process is by considering what you are looking for in a campsite. Do you want to be close to nature? Are you more interested in amenities such as swimming pools and hiking trails? Or do you simply want a place to relax?
Once you've decided what's important to you, it's time to start narrowing down your options. If you're planning your camping trip in the summer, it's crucial to choose a campsite with plenty of shade. Find out if there are any poisonous plants and educate your children about them. Campsites with cliffs and cracks are not a good idea if you are travelling with young children.
If you're looking for fun activities and amenities, there are plenty of options in Faro. Some great campgrounds in the area include Salema Eco Camp, Algarve Motorhome Park, Turiscampo Algarve, Camping Albufeira, and Orbitur Camping Valverde. These campsites all offer swimming pools, playgrounds, bike rentals, restaurants and more.
Finally, when planning your trip to Faro with kids, be sure to take advantage of the many attractions available in the area. You can visit charming towns like Albufeira and Vilamoura or explore beautiful natural areas like the Ria Formosa Natural Park. There is something for every member of the family in Faro, so pack up the car and head out on an adventure today!