Car Hire in Brno
Find your car hire
Cheap Car Hire Deals in Brno
Brno is the second-largest city in the Czech Republic. It is located in the South Moravia region near its geographical centre. Around Brno, there are many hills for which the city is famous (especially Blaník), but all other places are within easy reach. The city itself is not too big, about 400 000 people live here, which makes it much cosier than Prague, for example. Brno, like any other important Czech settlement, has quite a long history; it was first mentioned in chronicles from the 11th century, which said that there were some fortified settlements in these places - as if anyone needed an invitation to conquer this great place! In the 18th century, the city became the seat of regional authorities and has been known for its cultural diversity ever since - especially today.
The city was badly damaged during World War II, but in recent decades Brno has managed to get rid of most of the negative historical connotations from that time. The city does not have a single dominant feature but combines many elements from different eras. Even if you need some time to explore all the decorative details, it is a very special feeling when you have found them all, because everything else seems quite ordinary or plain - simple even!
Basic info and car hire in Brno
- Location: South Moravia region
- Population: 400.000
- Official language: Czech language
- Currency: Czech koruna
- Weather: The weather in Brno is not only cool and rainy, but it also changes with the seasons. There are four distinct periods: winter (lowest temp -2°C), summer(high 26°C) springtime which has a normal 17-18C temperature but high humidity levels averaging 80% throughout the year; fall lasts from September until October when temperatures can reach up to 19°C, finally autumn brings warm days at 16°C
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The roads in the Czech Republic are known for being among Europe's worst. With limited construction and maintenance, it becomes a bumpy ride everywhere you go!
- Car hire in Brno: You can find a cheap car hire in Brno with prices going as low as 8 EUR per day. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Brno! The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Brno is at the airport.
Driving in Brno
To rent a car in Brno the drivers need to be a minimum of 18 years old. Young driver fees might apply from 18-20 years of age. The average young driver fee in Prague is on average CZK 920.00 per rental. Senior driver fees will apply for drivers over the age of 71, the average senior driver fee in Prague is on average CZK 920.00. You and all Additional Drivers must present a full valid original Driving Licence and the voucher or booking confirmation document when picking up the vehicle. If your Driving Licence has multiple parts, you must present all of them. All requirements apply to both you and any Additional Drivers.
An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving Licence if the National Driving Licence you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving Licence, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
You must also present:
- Identification card of your country of residence
You must present a credit card when picking up your rental vehicle.
Driving in Brno can be contesting but still nothing to be fearful of. The road condition in the Czech Republic is not good, so the roads are bumpy and harsh to drive. In Prague, you drive on the right side and overtake on the left lane.
Drinking and driving in Brno is prohibited. There is a zero-tolerance for drinking and driving. If you have over 0% alcohol in the blood you can expect fines from 25.000 to 50.000 CZK.
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in the Czech Republic is 18 years old. However, most car rental companies require you to be at least 21 to rent a car and at least 21 years to avoid paying an additional young driver fee. The average young driver fee in Prague is CZK920.00. The maximum driver age to rent a car in Prague is 99, with a senior driving fee that applies to everybody over 71 years of age.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving Licence if the National Driving Licence you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving Licence, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: You will need a full, valid driving licence, ID or a passport, Vehicle registration certificate (so-called small technical license), Proof of Insurance (so-called green card)
- Additional requirements: You must have a warning triangle, High Vis vest and the first-aid kit in your car at all times. Remember to check if any of it's expired before you go out on the road!
- Children in the car: A suitable restraint system is required if the child is under 150 cm and 36 kg. Children aged 12 or less cannot sit in front of a car with an exception of babies riding on baby seats facing them, which means that they will be safest there instead!
- Driving side of the road: The right side.
- Lights: Lights must be on at all times.
- General speed limits: The speed limit is 110 km/h. In settlements, the speed limit is set to 80 km/h both on motorways and roads for motorcars. On regular roads speed limit is set to 90 km/h and the settlement limit is 50 km/h.
- Parking suggestions: The three types of parking zones in Brno are A, B and C. All signs have blue lines on them to indicate what type they belong to with additional information available by phone or through payment machines if you need a permit for your own vehicle as well!
Car Hire in Brno
Most popular car hire at Brno
The most selected hire car in Brno is the Volkswagen Passat, with the Volkswagen Golf and Volkswagen Polo also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Brno are the mini and economy car categories.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Brno
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Brno. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Czech Republic.
- Brno - Prague (206km, approx. 3-hour drive)
- Brno - Ostrava (170km, approx. 2-hour drive)
- Brno - Vienna (137km, approx. 2-hour drive)
Popular day trips from Brno
killer, interfaces engage integrateAJAX-enabled implement benchmark bricks-and-clicks viral vertical, unleash. Enable morph paradigms blogging dynamic cutting-edge, deliver infomediaries communities exploit synthesize action-items bricks-and-clicks.
What to see in Brno
Brno is the second-largest city in the Czech Republic and also the capital of the South Moravia region. It attracts tourists with its harmonious nature, beautiful architecture and excellent cultural events. Brno has a long history, which began as early as the 11th century when the city was founded as a castle. Nowadays, the Old Town (Stare Mesto) is one of the historical centres of European cities; it is well preserved and full of sights such as the Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul, the Kampa Museum or Špilberk Castle, which you cannot miss when visiting Brno. And if you are here in May or October, do not forget to visit the two most important international fairs in Brno - the Moravian Spring Fair (Moravske Velikonoce) and the Brno Autumn Fair (Brnenske Podzimni Jarmarky).
Where to eat, drink, and party in Brno
You can walk in the park, enjoy the view from Petrov Hill or have a beer in one of the many pubs. There are also some great museums to visit, such as the Moravian Gallery, the Museum of Applied Arts or the Leoš Janáček Memorial. If you are looking for lively nightlife, head to the Židenice or Veveří districts, where you will find a variety of clubs and bars. Last but not least, do not forget to try some of the local specialities such as Bratwurstdel, Trnik or Moravian wine.
What you need to know about renting a car
What do I need to rent a car in the Czech Republic?
A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
How old do I need to be to rent a car in the Czech Republic?
The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old and with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age, you must also have held a driving license for a minimum of 12 months. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
Do I need car insurance in Czech Republic?
Insurances are very important when renting a car and can be different between countries. When renting a car in Czech Republic with Orbit Car Hire the prices will include mandatory insurances in the country.
Do I need a credit card to rent a car in Czech Republic?
In most cases, a credit card is required to be presented in the name of the main driver. A security deposit may be required when renting a car so it is important to have sufficient funds on the credit card. When searching for a car at Orbit you can see credit card requirements from all our suppliers.
Do I need an international driving license in the Czech Republic?
It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese)
How do I get the cheapest car hire in the Czech Republic?
You can find cheap car hire by comparing prices with all major car rentals at Orbit Car Hire. A good idea can be to book in advance as the prices can increase closer to the travel period.
What is the cheapest rental car in the Czech Republic?
You will find the mini car category or economy cars to be the cheapest car categories. Vehicles such as Skoda Citigo and Opel Astra often provide the best prices.
What is the best car rental company in the Czech Republic?
You may find excellent service provided by companies such as Enterprise rent a car, Alamo, National, Europcar, Keddy, and SurPrice car rentals.
What types and makes of rental cars deals can I find in the Czech Republic?
You will find car types such as mini, economy, compact, Full-Size, and luxury cars. Popular rental cars are Opel Astra, Volkswagen Golf, Opel Astra Sports Tourer and Renault Kadjar.
Does my rental car have unlimited mileage when I book it for the Czech Republic?
Most car rentals in the Czech Republic offer unlimited mileage in their offers
Can I drive a German rental car to the Czech Republic?
Yes, you can. However, you need to talk to your agent at arrival about that as a cross-border fee may apply.
Car Hire Locations in Brno 1 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Brno
Best of Czech Republic