Cheap Car Hire In Olbia
Find your car hire
Olbia is a coastal city in northeast Sardinia, Italy. It's known for the medieval San Simplicio basilica, and for cafes dotting central squares like Piazza Matteotti. The dynamic city of Olbia is the main hub of Sardinia known for its port and airport, but it is also a place where people like to spend time. The location is a beautiful bay, the port, the rail, and air connections make it a lively city, but also the beaches, the activities, and the business centre make it a thriving place, inhabited and enjoyed by both its inhabitants and tourists.
Basic info and car hire in Olbia
- Location: South Italy
- Population: 60.000
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: EUR
- Weather: Mediterranean climate
- Holidays in Olbia: For public holidays in Italy click here
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Olbia are in good condition.
- Car hire in Olbia: the most common pick-up point for vehicles in Olbia is Olbia airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Olbia!
Driving in Olbia
There are no toll roads in Sardinia - all motorways and regional roads can be used free of charge. However, there are traffic-restricted zones, such as some city centres, where you are not allowed to drive.
Driving in Olbia can be challenging and drivers can be impatient. Remember that the maximum BAC value for drivers is 0.05%. There is a zero-tolerance law for novice drivers who have held a license for less than two years and young drivers under the age of 21.
- Age limits: 21 years old-25 for larger vehicles
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if you are a non-EU license holder.
- Additional papers: Identification(passport), a valid driving license, and valid proof of insurance.
- Additional requirements: Glasses (in case you need glasses, you must always have a spare pair in the car), light bulbs (are usually already in the car and are provided by the car rental company), warning triangle (2 are required for all vehicles registered in Italy and 1 if coming from abroad), high visibility vest (recently made compulsory)- First aid kit (not compulsory, but we strongly recommend you have it with you, just in case).
- Children in the car: Children up to the age of 10 may only be taken in the back seat and a suitable child seat must be available up to a height of 1.50 meters.
- Driving side of the road: Right hand
- Lights: Check that all lights are working, clean, and correctly aimed.
- General speed limits: The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h. Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h.
Car Hire in Olbia
Most popular car hire at Olbia
The most selected hire car in Olbia is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Olbia are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Olbia
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Olbia. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Italy.
- Olbia-Cagliari (2 hr 53 min -274.2 km)
- Olbia-Rome (10 hr 37 min -311.9 km)
- Olbia-Bologna (10 hr 36 min - 489.0 km)
- Olbia-Alghero (1 hr 39 min -137.2 km)
What to see in Olbia
In Olbia, as in many cities of Italy, the religious buildings are among the most breathtaking sights. In this respect, there are two main attractions whose different backgrounds and appearances give an insight into the incredible mix of cultures found in Sardinia. The Basilica of San Simplicio and the Church of St Paul. Olbia's main street, Corso Umberto I, is a must-see for those who want to shop in the city. It was once a historic street and its beautiful architecture can still be seen. The best time to enjoy this street is after 7 PM when the street is closed to vehicles and the lights give it a picturesque feel. There you will also find several restaurants with seating in the square, while other eateries can be found in the surrounding streets. Enjoy some of the Sardinian dishes and soak up the local atmosphere - the perfect way to end your day of discovery!
Drive your rental car beyond Olbia
With a rental car, you can explore all that the city and the rest of Sardinia have to offer - from the island's green fields and rocky hills to the dunes in the west.
Enjoy the culture in Olbia
Where to eat, drink, and party in Olbia
Sardinian cuisine is extremely varied and has been enriched over the centuries by the exchanges and influences of other peoples of the Mediterranean: Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs and Spaniards. Since Sardinia is being an island, fish and seafood inevitably play an important role in the cuisine of the region - seafood and shellfish dishes abound. Some typical dishes include: Fregula (a type of pasta from Sardinia) with clams, spaghetti with clams and fish eggs (bottarga), spaghetti with sea urchins, sometimes served with artichokes or wild asparagus, Cassola, a seafood soup.
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you have to choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form there is a step where you choose the payment method and you simply fill in your credit card information. In the end, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at the time of pick-up.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has its security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone: +354 823 0165
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in case of:
- Out of hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle out of office hours),
- One way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring you to need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid any surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick up. If you do not have the voucher with you at the time of pick up, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or can change the price of the rental.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire which, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover that refunds you in case the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. For more information, you can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us.
How do I get the cheapest car hire?
Prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Alicante!
How many countries does Orbit Car Hire compare?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire you will pay the remaining balance in the currency that is in the country of pick up.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add an additional driver to my booking?
You can always add an additional driver to your booking when you are finding your deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add an additional driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted by Orbit Car Hire
You can pay with a debit card and credit card when making a booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage you can press "Yes" to "Different drop off location" and you will see all the best deals for a one-way car hire.