Car Hire in Bodo
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Bodo
Situated on the stunning coast of northern Norway, Bodo is a city that attracts adventurous souls looking to immerse themselves in the wonders of the Arctic region. Set foot in this charming city and you'll be greeted by a mix of natural beauty and modern charms. With a rental car, you have the freedom to explore the wonders of the Arctic that lie beyond the city limits.
1. Arctic wildlife safaris: Bodo is a great base for exciting Arctic wildlife safaris. On guided tours, you can watch majestic white-tailed eagles soaring through the skies and playful seals frolicking in the icy waters.
2. Hunt for the Northern Lights: From late autumn to early spring, the Aurora Borealis enchants the Arctic sky with its fascinating play of colors. Venture into the surrounding countryside in your rental car, far away from the city lights, and experience an unforgettable Northern Lights experience.
3. Kjerringøy: Take a scenic drive to the historic trading post of Kjerringøy, a charming coastal village that has stood still in time. Walk through the well-preserved wooden houses and enjoy the tranquil coastal landscape.
4. Saltstraumen: Experience the world's strongest tidal current at Saltstraumen, just a short drive from Bodo. Marvel at the powerful whirlpools created by the tidal forces - a fascinating sight.
5. Beaches and island hopping: Discover the beauty of Bodo's surrounding islands in your rental car. Explore the sandy beaches of Landegode and the rugged landscapes of Storfjelløya for a real taste of the Arctic wilderness.
6. RIB Boat Tours: For adrenaline junkies, RIB (inflatable boat tours) offer exciting adventures through the breathtaking coastal landscape, where you can experience the wonders of nature up close.
7. Lofoten Islands: Venture to the world-famous Lofoten Islands, a stunning group of islands known for their dramatic mountains, fishing villages, and picturesque beaches.
8. Experience the midnight sun: In the summer months, you can experience the magical phenomenon of the midnight sun, where the sun never sets, bathing the Arctic landscape in a golden light.
Bodo's strategic location as the gateway to the Arctic makes it a dream destination for those who want to explore the wonders of this remote region. With reliable vehicles, you can tackle your Arctic adventures with ease and comfort. Discover the enchanting beauty and natural wonders that await you beyond the charming town of Bodo.
Basic info and car hire in Bodo
- Location: Norway
- Population: 49,731
- Official language: Norwegian
- Currency: Norwegian krone ( NOK )
- Weather: In Bodo, the summers are cool and partly cloudy; the winters are long, very cold, windy, and mostly cloudy; and it is wet year round.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Road conditions in Bodo are generally good, but it's always a good idea to be prepared for the unexpected. Be sure to check the weather forecast before you leave and pack a winter coat if you are traveling in the winter.
- Car hire in Bodo: Bodo car hire is a great way to see all of these attractions. Car hire in Bodo is a great way to see the city. There are many different options for car hire, so be sure to do your research before you book. Car hire can be a great way to see all of the sights that Bodo has to offer.
Driving in Bodo
Nestled in the stunning landscapes of northern Norway, Bodo offers a unique driving experience like no other. When you drive through this charming city in a rental car, you'll be immersed in a picturesque blend of coastal beauty and Arctic wonder.
1. Efficient road network: Bodo has a well-developed road network that makes traveling around the city smooth and convenient. The E6, Norway's main motorway, connects Bodo to other major cities, while local roads lead to stunning coastal routes and scenic viewpoints.
2. Coastal routes: Prepare to be mesmerized by stunning coastal roads with the sparkling Norwegian sea as a backdrop. The Arctic Circle Route and the Coastal Highway (Fv17) are iconic routes that promise unforgettable views.
3. Midnight Sun and Northern Lights: Driving in Bodo offers the rare opportunity to experience both the midnight sun in summer and the enchanting Northern Lights in winter. Let the magic of nature's light shows enchant you on your journey.
4. Island adventures: Explore nearby islands such as Landegode and Kjerringøy in your rental car, each with its own unique charm. Beautiful beaches, historic villages, and hiking trails await you.
5. Safety and comfort: Driving in Bodo is generally safe and enjoyable, but it's important that you're prepared for different weather conditions, especially in winter. Our reliable rental cars will ensure your comfort and safety during your trip.
6. Fjord excursions: Bodo's proximity to the majestic fjords opens the doors to exciting fjord excursions. Experiencing dramatic fjord landscapes is a must for nature lovers.
7. Wildlife encounters: Look out for Arctic wildlife on your road trip. White-tailed eagles, reindeer, and seals are among the fascinating creatures that could accompany your journey.
8. Local cuisine: Stop in charming coastal villages to enjoy the local Norwegian cuisine. Don't miss the opportunity to try freshly caught fish specialties.
With your rental car, you have the freedom to explore Bodo and its stunning surroundings at your own pace. Whether the midnight sun casts a golden glow or the Northern Lights paint the sky, a drive through Bodo promises an unforgettable Norwegian adventure amidst nature's most spectacular wonders.
- Age limits: The minimum age to rent a car is 18 years old and with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age. Drivers need to have held a valid driving license for a minimum of 12 months. Young driver fees may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine Orbit Car Hire
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies.
- Additional requirements: A warning triangle in case of a breakdown. It's also recommended to have: Spare bulbs for your car's external lights, a fire extinguisher, a first-aid kit, and a reflective jacket. If there is snow or ice covering the roads, winter tires, studded tires or snow chains are compulsory (motorhomes & RV’s over 3,500kg must use snow chains). You can be fined for traveling on icy/snowy roads using summer tires only. You can expect your vehicle to be checked at or near the border in winter – if you are not carrying or using the right tires you must purchase them or return to the border.
- Children in the car: Seat belts are compulsory for both drivers and passengers. Children under 36 kilograms or 135 centimeters in height must use a car seat.
- Driving side of the road: In Norway, you drive on the right side of the road.
- Lights: Headlights set to dipped beam must be used whatever time of day you’re driving and regardless of whether it’s sunny or not. This is to make sure you’re always visible to other drivers so you stay safe.
- General speed limits: Norway has four general speed limits; Residential areas – 30km/h, Other built-up areas – 50km/h, Rural roads – 80km/h, Motorways – 90km/h
Car Hire in Bodo
Most popular car hire at Bodo
The most selected hire car in Bodo is Ford Fiesta, with Renault Clio and Seat Ibiza also popular options. The most popular car types in Bodo are mini, economy, and compact.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Bodo
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Bodo. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Norway.
- Bodo-Bergen (1654km with approximately 22 hours of drive)
- Bodo-Oslo (1293km with approximately 16 hours of drive)
- Bodo-Tromsoe (532km with approximately 8,5 hours of drive)
- Bodo-Molde (1187km with approximately 16 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Bodo
Nestled in the heart of Northern Norway, Bodo isn't only a charming city, but also a gateway to a variety of breathtaking destinations. With a reliable rental car, you can embark on unforgettable Norwegian adventures while exploring the wonders that lie just a short drive away.
1. Saltstraumen Maelstrom: Just a 30-minute drive from Bodo, you can marvel at Saltstraumen, the world's strongest tidal current. Marvel at the mighty whirlpools and enjoy exciting boat rides through this natural wonder.
2. Kjerringøy: You can step back in time with a visit to the historic trading post of Kjerringøy. About an hour's drive from Bodo, this picturesque coastal village offers well-preserved wooden buildings and stunning coastal scenery.
3. Landegode Island: Hop on a ferry and embark on a scenic journey to Landegode Island. Admire the rugged cliffs, sandy beaches, and panoramic views of the Norwegian Sea.
4. Mjelle Strand: Escape to the tranquillity of Mjelle Strand, just 25 kilometers from Bodo. This hidden gem offers white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters - perfect for a relaxing day in nature.
5. Bodøsjøen: Just a short drive from the city center is Bodøsjøen, a tranquil lake surrounded by hiking trails. Enjoy a leisurely walk and watch the local birdlife - an ideal place for nature lovers.
6. Helligvær Islands: Experience the magic of the Helligvær Islands, a collection of islands accessible by boat. Discover unspoiled nature, charming fishing villages, and incredible seascapes.
7. Straumen: Look forward to the charming village of Straumen, located about 40 kilometers from Bodo. Explore the cultural heritage, visit the local market, and enjoy the tranquillity of the coastal landscape.
8. Lofoten Islands: For an extended day trip, visit the famous Lofoten Islands. They're a little further from Bodo, but the stunning landscapes, fishing villages, and hiking opportunities are worth the drive.
9. Glomfjord: A scenic drive through Nordland Province takes you to Glomfjord, where you'll find stunning fjords, mountains, and the majestic Glomfjord hydroelectric power station.
10. Gildeskål: Drive to Gildeskål and discover beautiful sandy beaches, picturesque fishing villages, and the famous 12th-century Gildeskål Church.
Experience the true essence of Northern Norway as you explore these enchanting destinations and create memories that will last a lifetime.
What to see in Bodo
Situated on the stunning coast of northern Norway, Bodo is a city full of natural wonders and cultural highlights. With a reliable car hire, you can embark on an unforgettable journey and explore the best that Bodo has to offer. Here are some must-see attractions and activities to make the most of your visit:
1. Mount Ronvik: Start your Bodo adventure with a scenic drive to Mount Ronvik. The summit rewards you with panoramic views of the city, surrounding islands, and the Norwegian Sea. Take stunning photos and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere.
2. Bodo Cathedral: Take a moment to admire the impressive architecture of Bodo Cathedral. This modern masterpiece, built after the Second World War II, is a landmark and an important cultural site.
3. Saltstraumen: Experience the stunning Saltstraumen Maelstrom, just a short drive from Bodo. This natural wonder has the strongest tidal current in the world, creating fascinating whirlpools. Take a boat tour and experience the powerful forces of nature up close.
4. Aviation Museum: At the Norwegian Aviation Museum you can immerse yourself in the history of aviation in Bodo. Discover a remarkable collection of aircraft, aviation artifacts, and exhibits that give an insight into Norway's aviation heritage.
5. Kjerringøy Trading Post: Embark on a scenic drive to Kjerringøy and step back in time at the historic Kjerringøy Trading Post. Stroll through the well-preserved buildings and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a traditional coastal trading village.
6. Northern Lights: If you visit Bodo in the winter months, you have the chance to see the heavenly Northern Lights dancing in the Arctic sky. Head to remote, dark places away from the city lights for the best experience.
7. Mjelle Beach: You'll find tranquillity at Mjelle Beach, just a short drive from the city center. With its pristine sandy beaches and dramatic cliffs, it's the perfect place for a leisurely stroll, beach walk, or a refreshing dip in the sea in summer.
8. RIB Safari: For an adrenaline-fuelled experience, join a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) safari that takes you through the picturesque waters of the archipelago and allows you to encounter wildlife such as seals and sea eagles.
9. Bodin Church: Explore the historic Bodin Church, a medieval stone church known for its unique architecture and religious significance.
10. Seafood delicacies: Indulge your taste buds with fresh Norwegian seafood at local restaurants and markets. Enjoy dishes such as Arctic cod, king crab, and traditional fish soups that offer a true taste of the culinary delights of the Bodo coast.
Let yourself be enchanted by the magic of this vibrant city, where the wonders of the coast meet cultural treasures to create memories that will linger long after your trip is over.
Drive your rental car beyond Bodo
With its breathtaking landscapes and pristine wilderness, Norway is a paradise for adventurers who want to immerse themselves in the wonders of nature. When planning your Norway adventure, consider the convenience and flexibility of a rental car to explore this Nordic gem. With a reliable vehicle, you can traverse the scenic routes of Norway, discovering hidden treasures and creating unforgettable memories along the way.
Fjordland: The majestic fjords of Norway are a symbol of the country's natural beauty. Drive along winding roads that hug the deep blue waters and experience the grandeur of these steep-sided valleys carved by glaciers. Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, offer some of the most breathtaking views in the world.
National Parks: Norway has a multitude of national parks, each with its own charm. Explore Jotunheimen National Park, home to Norway's highest peaks and impressive glaciers. Drive through Hardangervidda National Park, known for its rugged plateaus and waterfalls. Be sure to venture into Dovrefjell-Sunndalsfjella National Park, where you may encounter wild musk oxen roaming free.
The Atlantic Road: take a scenic drive along the Atlantic Road, an engineering marvel that winds through small islands and skerries, connecting the mainland to the island of Averøy. Marvel at the breathtaking coastal scenery and watch the waves crash against the rugged coastline.
Lofoten Islands: A visit to Norway is incomplete without exploring the enchanting Lofoten Islands. Drive the E10, which spans several of these islands, and experience breathtaking seascapes, fishing villages, and towering mountains. The midnight sun and northern lights add to the allure of this Arctic paradise.
Arctic Circle: Cross the Arctic Circle and experience the unique phenomenon of the midnight sun during the summer months. Drive to Nordkapp, the northernmost point in Europe, and feel like you are on the edge of the world.
Waterfalls and Glaciers: Norway is littered with magnificent waterfalls and glaciers that will amaze you. Experience the majestic Seven Sisters waterfall in Geiranger, the thundering Vøringsfossen in Eidfjord, and the mighty Jostedalsbreen glacier, the largest glacier in mainland Europe.
Norway's panoramic roads: Norway's designated scenic roads offer some of the most scenic drives in the world. Take the Trollstigen route to experience hairpin turns and panoramic views, or drive Gamle Strynefjellsvegen for a trip back in time.
When traveling through Norway by car, you have the freedom to enjoy the country's natural beauty and stop whenever and wherever you want. Whether you want to see the Northern Lights, hike in the national parks, or marvel at the fjords...
Book your rental car today and embark on an epic journey through the scenic wonders of Norway. Experience the thrill of exploring one of the world's most fascinating destinations, all from the comfort of your own car. Start your unforgettable road trip through Norway today!
Where to eat, drink, and party in Bodo
When you explore the charming city of Bodo in Norway, your culinary journey promises to be as enchanting as the landscapes that surround you. Situated on the coast, Bodo is blessed with an abundance of fresh seafood, making it a foodie's paradise.
Indulge your taste buds with the catch of the day at the local restaurants, where Arctic cod, king crab, and shrimp take center stage. Don't miss the traditional fish soups, rich in flavors from the sea.
With a comfortable rental car, you can enjoy Bodo's finest gastronomic offerings - a delicious addition to your unforgettable Norwegian adventure.
Best restaurant in Bodo
Pangea Kitchen & Bar
En Kopp .Restaurant.Cafe&Bar
Ohma Asian Cooking
What you need to know about renting a car
How do you make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick the vehicle you want from the list. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method and fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (the car hire company sets this condition and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to ensure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price, and the payment of your booking. Having your voucher with you at the time of pick-up is mandatory. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. Booking a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date is best - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency of the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted?
You can pay with a debit and credit card when booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop-off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when booking. If you already have a booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay to repair or fix it. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection?
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. An excess, also known as a deductible, comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Bodo
Best of Norway