Dear parents, going away for Christmas and visiting Christmas Markets Berlin is a great idea. Just wait and see what we have prepared for you. You just need to follow our instructions and you can actually enjoy this Christmas holiday.
Travel to Berlin with a toddler for Christmas
Since you're the proud parents of a two-year-old, you've learned one thing. Your child is now the boss. And he makes the schedule. You've completely taken over his routine and your life may be a bit turned upside down. Your identity has changed for the better and you're more flexible, organized, and prepared for just about anything (extra dipper anyone?). But just in case, we've put together a list of things you need to do before you head to Berlin this Christmas:
- First things first. Pack efficiently. If your toddler is already potty-trained, you won't need diapers. Otherwise, don't overpack and buy diapers when you're in Berlin.
- The same goes for toys. Your toddler will be busy with a new place and new faces. It will need time to adjust. Therefore, it won't need tons of toys to keep it busy.
- Take plenty of snacks with you wherever you go.
- If you rent a car, make sure you choose one with a child seat.
- Make sure a room is childproof. Buy outlet covers to secure electrical cords. Check all sharp edges and childproof them with table corner covers.
- We recommend renting an apartment with a kitchen. This way, you can save some money and, most importantly, you won't lose your nerve waiting for food at a fancy restaurant.
- Ultimately, you can read all the guidelines in the world, but you know best what you and your child need. Trust yourself and your instincts!
Berliner Weihnachtszeit at Roten Rathaus - Alexanderplatz
Treat yourself this holiday season to German Christmas Markets. There are many Christmas Markets in Berlin, from the one at Potsdamer Platz, the Christmas Market at Charlottenburg Palace, and the Spandau Christmas market in the western part of Berlin. But since you are travelling with a toddler, we recommend you visit Berliner Weihnachtszeit at Alexanderplatz. Why? This one is made for families. Here you will find a Ferris wheel, a small farm with animals that your toddler can ride, feed and cuddle. Not to mention Santa Claus. Santa visits this market three times a day, and your little one can take pictures with him.
Must-dos in Berlin with a toddler
- If your child loves animals, Berlin ZOO is a must-see. With more than 20,000 species of animals, your child can see American Bison for the first time or feed the giraffe and elephants.
- Labyrinth Kindermuseum is where your toddler is sure to have the time of their life. Climbing, running, jumping, everything is allowed. Plus, you can bring your snacks.
- Berlin has many creative and unique playgrounds, but since it's winter, the most suitable one is the indoor playground Bim & Boom. Extremely safe playground, so you don't have to worry if your toddler has zoomies and runs around like crazy.
The days go by slowly, but the year's speed by. Enjoy every moment with your child in Berlin!
Find more Christmas blogs around Europe: