Travelling to Faro? Want to do some shopping while in Faro - We're here to guide you to find something that suits your needs, style or taste. There's something for all budgets too. So, let's get started, shall we?
Shopping in Faro can be a little tricky because - to be honest - Faro isn't exactly made for shopping. But there's no reason to give up. If you know where to look, you'll discover some very nice shops in Faro.
Shops in the Faro district
- Porches Pottery - "Back to the Roots". When the pottery industry in the Algarve was dying, Patrick Swift and Lima de Freitas Porches Pottery, started to revive the tradition. Bowls, jugs, cups - all unique and hand-painted for you to take home.
- Antonio Manuel Modas - The fight with your girlfriend left you desperate? Shop in the name of love! A fancy dress or a trendy top will make her forget the argument. Even if your wallet is a little lighter. As the famous Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City once said, " I like money where I can see it: in my wardrobe." Right in the heart of Faro, you'll find the perfect place to start.
- Markets - looking for local fruit and vegetables? If you're renting a car in Faro, it's best to head out and head to the Mercado de Olhao. Farmers and fishermen will take care of you, don't worry. Weekends are perfect if you're looking for a colourful gipsy market. Loule is considered one of the most beautiful.
- Jah-Shaka Surf Shop - If surfing is your way of life, this is the place to be. Jah-Shaka Surf Shop will provide you with fantastic surfing equipment. The friendly staff will help you choose the best product. You can even rent surfboards and wetsuits here.
- Algarve Shopping Centre - When you've had enough beach for the day, visit this place with plenty of shops, and boutiques or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants here.
"It Happened in Faro"
When you've had enough of sightseeing, shopping and beach hopping, you can go to the theatre, perhaps attend an exhibition or other festival. The Portuguese are very fun-loving and know how to have fun. Check out the Algarve Guide to see what's going on. Trust us, you will enjoy every minute of their colourful Carnival. If you are more of a sports fan, visit Faro International Motorbike Rally - one of the most famous motorcycle festivals in Europe.