Car Hire in Queretaro
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Queretaro
Queretaro, a charming city in the heart of Mexico, is a destination that attracts travelers seeking an authentic Mexican experience. Steeped in history, culture, and tradition, Queretaro offers a unique blend of old-world charm and modern vitality. When you embark on a journey with Orbit Car Hire to explore this fascinating city, you can get to know the essence of Queretaro beyond the tourist attractions with us.
A Culinary Oasis: Queretaro is a gastronomic delight waiting to be discovered. The city has a rich culinary heritage and offers a variety of flavors and dishes. Do not miss the opportunity to sample traditional Mexican cuisine in the local markets, where street vendors prepare delicious tacos, gorditas, and enchiladas. Explore the lively Mercado de la Cruz or treat yourself to a hearty meal at a traditional Fonda, where you can enjoy regional specialties like mole and cecina.
Artisan Treasures: Queretaro is known for its skilled artisans who produce exquisite handicrafts. Strolling through the quaint streets of the city's neighborhoods, you will come across artisans selling their wares, from intricate pottery to beautifully woven textiles. Take home a piece of Queretaro's handicrafts as a memento of your visit.
Historic Neighborhoods: Queretaro's historic neighborhoods, such as Downtown and the Historic Monuments Zone, are not just tourist attractions, but living, breathing neighborhoods where the city's vibrant culture thrives. Explore the streets, strike up conversations with locals, and discover hidden treasures, from charming cafes to local markets where residents gather to socialize.
Traditional festivals: immerse yourself in the local culture by participating in Queretaro's traditional festivals. From the lively Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebrations to the vibrant San Juan fiestas, these events offer a glimpse into the heart and soul of Queretaro's residents.
Relaxed Ambience: Queretaro is a city where time seems to pass more slowly, so you can enjoy every moment. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the city's parks, such as the Alameda Hidalgo, where you can relax, people-watch, or simply enjoy the tranquil atmosphere.
Cultural Heritage: Queretaro's rich history is evident in its well-preserved architecture and historic buildings. Stroll through the city streets and admire the colonial-era facades and intricate wrought ironwork on the balconies. The city's museums, such as the Museum of the City and the Casa de la Zacatecana, offer insights into the city's cultural heritage.
Queretaro invites you to experience Mexico beyond the typical tourist destinations with its authenticity and warm hospitality. With Orbit Car Hire, you have the freedom to explore every corner of this enchanting city, make your own way, and create lasting memories of your journey through Queretaro's authentic and captivating culture.
Basic info and car hire in Queretaro
- Location: Mexico
- Population: 1,594,212
- Official language: Spanish
- Currency: Mexican peso
- Weather: Queretaro has a tropical climate
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Queretar are in good condition.
- Car hire in Queretaro: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Queretaro is at Queretaro Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Queretaro!
Driving in Queretaro
Queretaro, a beautiful city in Mexico, offers travelers an ideal blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. To make the most of your visit and explore the hidden gems of the city, a reliable means of transportation is essential. With Orbit Car Hire by your side, here is a handy guide that will guarantee you a smooth and enjoyable driving experience in Queretaro.
1. Road signs and signals: Familiarize yourself with Mexican road signs and signals, as they may differ from those you are used to. Knowing the local traffic rules will help you navigate Queretaro's roads safely.
2. Traffic Patterns: As in many Mexican cities, traffic congestion does occur in Queretaro during rush hours. Plan your trips accordingly to avoid rush hour traffic. GPS can help you choose the best routes.
3. Parking: Finding a parking spot in historic downtown Queretaro can be a bit tricky. Look for designated parking lots or garages and use public transportation or walk to explore the city center, where many attractions are close together.
4. Topes (speed bumps): Look for "topes," the speed bumps found on many Mexican roads. These can vary in size and intensity, so take them with a grain of salt.
5. Gas stations: Find out the location of gas stations in Queretaro, especially if you are planning day trips outside the city. Orbit Car Hire will provide you with a full tank of gas so you can start your explorations without delay.
6. Road Conditions: Queretaro's main roads are generally well maintained, but you may occasionally encounter potholes or speed bumps. Drive carefully to ensure a smooth ride.
7. Explore the city's surroundings: Queretaro's surroundings are as fascinating as the city itself. With your rental car, you can easily take day trips to nearby attractions such as the Peña de Bernal or the vineyards of the Queretaro wine region.
8. Stay informed: Follow local traffic news or use real-time navigation apps to stay informed about road conditions and traffic incidents during your stay.
With the comfort of a vehicle from Orbit Car Hire, you'll have the freedom to explore Queretaro and its picturesque surroundings at your own pace. Whether you're drawn to the city's historic charm or want to venture out into the picturesque countryside, Queretaro has much to offer. Enjoy the trip and make the most of your time in this charming Mexican city.
- Age limits: The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies.
- Additional requirements: Using a seatbelt is mandatory for all occupants of a vehicle.
- Children in the car: Children up to 12 years old or 1.45 meters (57″) are required to ride in a car seat or booster seat in the back seat.
- Driving side of the road: In Mexico, they drive on the right-hand side of the road and overtake on the left.
- General speed limits: Urban areas: 40km/h, Open roads: 80km/h, Motorways: 100-110 km/h
Car Hire in Queretaro
Most popular car hire at Queretaro
The most selected hire car in Queretaro is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio, or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also a popular option. The most popular car types in Queretaro are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Queretaro
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Queretaro. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Mexico.
- Queretaro-Tulum (1747km with approximately 22,5 hours of drive)
- Queretaro-Coba (1731km with approximately 21,5 hours of drive)
- Queretaro-El Cuyo (1777km with approximately 22 hours of drive)
- Queretaro-Cancun (1817km with approximately 23 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Queretaro
Queretaro, Mexico, is a city that stands out for its rich history, culture, and breathtaking landscapes. However, it is also a fantastic base for exploring the surrounding wonders of the state and neighboring regions. With Orbit Car Hire as your reliable travel companion, here are some of the best destinations you can head to from Queretaro:
1. Bernal and the Peña de Bernal:
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 60 kilometers (37 miles)
A short drive from Queretaro will bring you to the charming town of Bernal, known for the monolithic Peña de Bernal, one of the tallest monoliths in the world. Hike to the top and enjoy panoramic views, or explore the quaint streets of the town with its craft stores and delicious cuisine.
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 55 kilometers (34 miles)
Tequisquiapan is a picturesque town known for its colonial architecture and hot springs. Stroll the cobblestone streets, visit the market, and relax in the warm waters of the La Vega hot springs.
3. San Miguel de Allende:
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 80 kilometers (50 miles)
San Miguel de Allende is a World Heritage Site city ( UNESCO ) known for its well-preserved colonial architecture and vibrant arts scene. Explore the city's charming plazas, art galleries, and historic churches.
4. Tolantongo Grutas and Hot Springs:
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 220 kilometers (137 miles)
For a unique nature experience, head to the Tolantongo Grutas and Hot Springs. Surrounded by dramatic canyons, these hot springs offer a rejuvenating escape in a breathtaking setting.
5. Mexico City:
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 210 kilometers (130 miles)
If you're willing to take on a slightly longer trip, a day trip to Mexico City is well worth it. Explore the capital's rich culture, historic sites, and world-class museums, including the National Palace and the Frida Kahlo Museum.
Distance from Queretaro: Approximately 220 kilometers (137 miles)
Puebla, known for its colonial architecture and delicious cuisine, is another fantastic day trip option. Visit the historic center, sample the famous mole poblano, and admire the stunning talavera pottery.
With your vehicle from Orbit Car Hire, you have the flexibility to choose your ideal day trip destination from Queretaro. Each of these nearby towns offers its own charm and attractions, making them perfect for exploring the diverse beauty of central Mexico. Start your adventure today and create lasting memories beyond the city limits of Queretaro.
What to see in Queretaro
Queretaro, located in the heart of Mexico, is a city full of history, culture, and charm. As you prepare to explore this captivating destination with Orbit Car Hire, we present some of the attractions and experiences that make Queretaro a true gem.
1. The Historic Downtown: Start your journey in Queretaro's historic center, which is a World Heritage Site at UNESCO. Stroll the cobblestone streets lined with colonial-era buildings, colorful facades, and charming plazas. Don't miss the iconic aqueduct, an 18th-century engineering marvel.
2. Jardin Zenea: This picturesque garden is a hub of activity. It is an ideal place to relax, people-watch, and enjoy street performances. The surrounding cafes and restaurants make it a perfect place for a leisurely meal.
3. Temple of San Francisco: Explore the beautifully preserved Temple of San Francisco, an architectural masterpiece adorned with exquisite Baroque details. The interior of the temple is equally impressive, with stunning altars and artwork.
4. The Regional Museum: immerse yourself in Queretaro's history and culture at the Regional Museum. It houses a diverse collection of artifacts, art, and exhibits that tell the story of the town and its people.
5. Cerro de las Campanas: Visit the Cerro de las Campanas and enjoy the panoramic views and historical significance. This hill was the place where Emperor Maximilian was executed in the 19th century. Today it is a peaceful park where you can enjoy a hike or a picnic.
6. Teatro de la Republica: Marvel at the grandeur of the Teatro de la Republica, where the Mexican Constitution was signed in 1917. The theater regularly hosts cultural events and performances.
7. Bernal and the Peña de Bernal: A short drive from Queretaro brings you to the charming town of Bernal and the iconic Peña de Bernal, one of the tallest monoliths in the world. A hike to the top will reward you with breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
8. Local Cuisine: Savor the flavors of Queretaro by indulging in culinary delights. Try traditional dishes such as enchiladas Queretanas, gorditas, and the regional dessert "glorias"
Queretaro's rich cultural heritage and fascinating landscapes offer travelers a wealth of experiences. With Orbit Car Hire, you have the freedom to explore this charming city and its surroundings at your own pace, so you can make the most of your visit. Create lasting memories as you discover the hidden treasures of Queretaro, Mexico.
Drive your rental car beyond Queretaro
Mexico, a country with diverse landscapes, rich history, and vibrant culture, is a dream destination for road trippers. With a rental car from Orbit Car Hire, you can embark on an unforgettable journey through this captivating country. In this article, we provide you with a guide to exploring Mexico by car. We show you the best routes, and must-visit destinations and give you essential tips for an unforgettable road trip.
The advantages of a road trip to Mexico
Flexibility: One of the biggest advantages of traveling by car in Mexico is the flexibility it offers. You can set your own schedule, make side trips to hidden gems, and adjust your itinerary as you see fit.
Scenic drives: Mexico has some of the most scenic roads in the world. From coastal roads with stunning ocean views to mountain roads leading to charming colonial towns, the landscapes are varied and breathtaking.
Cultural immersion: With a car, you can immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting small villages and towns that are often inaccessible by other means of transport.
Convenience: Having your own vehicle makes it easier to transport luggage, food, and essential travel items. It also allows you to explore sights off the beaten track without relying on tour operators.
The best destinations for a road trip in Mexico
Yucatan Peninsula: Start your trip to Cancun, where you can pick up your rental car from Orbit Car Hire. From there, explore the Yucatan Peninsula and visit Tulum, Chichen Itza, and the charming colonial city of Merida. Don't forget to swim in the cenotes and sample the local Yucatecan cuisine.
Baja California Peninsula: Drive through the Baja Peninsula and experience the laid-back atmosphere of Cabo San Lucas and La Paz. Explore the surreal landscapes of Baja's deserts and mountains.
Pacific Coast: Travel south along the Pacific Coast from Puerto Vallarta and visit picturesque towns like Sayulita, Manzanillo, and Zihuatanejo. Surf, sunbathe, and enjoy fresh seafood along the way.
Colonial heartland: Explore Mexico's colonial history in a drive-through town like Guadalajara, Guanajuato, and San Miguel de Allende. Marvel at the well-preserved architecture and indulge in the local art and cuisine.
Chiapas and Oaxaca: Discover Mexico's southern charm by visiting the states of Chiapas and Oaxaca. Explore the ancient ruins of Palenque, hike through lush rainforests, and sample authentic Oaxacan dishes.
Tips for a Successful Road Trip in Mexico
Choose the right rental car: Choose a reliable car rental company like Orbit Car Hire. Make sure the vehicle is well maintained and has all the necessary paperwork and insurance.
Know the rules of the road: Familiarise yourself with Mexican traffic rules, road signs, and speed limits. Remember that Mexico uses the metric system and distances are given in kilometers.
Keep up to date: Find out about travel advisories and road conditions before you travel. Keep up to date with local news and pay attention to safety guidelines in the different regions.
Plan your route: Plan your route in advance, but be open to spontaneous detours. Use GPS or navigation apps and have a physical map with you as a backup.
Safety precautions: Keep your doors locked while driving and avoid driving at night, especially in remote areas. Keep important documents such as your passport and driving license in a safe place.
Cash and fuel: Take cash for tolls as not all motorways accept credit cards. Refuel when you have the chance, as petrol stations can be few and far between in remote areas.
Accommodation: Book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak travel periods, to secure your stay.
Exploring Mexico by car is an exciting adventure that allows you to discover the diverse beauty and cultural richness of the country. With a reliable car hire from Orbit Car Hire, you can experience the freedom and flexibility of the open road as you discover the magic of Mexico's landscapes, cities, and traditions. So, pack your bags, hit the road, and let yourself be enchanted by the magical journey through Mexico. Your unforgettable road trip awaits you!
Where to eat, drink, and party in Queretaro
Queretaro, a city full of history and culture, offers a tantalizing culinary experience as rich as its heritage. When you explore Queretaro with Orbit Car Hire, prepare your taste buds for a delicious adventure through Mexican cuisine.
Gorditas: These thick, handmade tortillas are filled with a variety of delicious fillings such as cheese, chicharrón (pork) and nopales (cactus). Gorditas are often garnished with delicious salsas and fresh crema.
Enchiladas Queretanas: A regional specialty, Queretaro-style enchiladas are filled with potatoes and served with a spicy guajillo chile sauce, crumbled cheese, and some onions. Don't forget to add a dab of crema to round out the dish perfectly.
Cecina: Thinly sliced, marinated beef or pork is air-dried and then grilled to perfection. Enjoy the smoky, savory flavor of this local delicacy, often served with fresh tortillas and salsa.
Glorias: For those with a sweet tooth, glorias are a must. These chewy, sweet candies are made from goat's milk and come in a variety of flavors, including vanilla, pecan, and chocolate.
Pulque: Queretaro is known for its pulque, a traditional fermented agave drink whose roots date back to ancient Mexico. Visit a pulqueria to sample this unique drink.
Local Markets: Explore Queretaro's bustling markets, such as Mercado Hidalgo and Mercado de la Cruz, and sample a variety of street food, snacks, and fresh produce. Here you'll find everything from freshly prepared tamales to exotic fruits.
With its diverse flavors and culinary traditions, Queretaro invites you on a culinary journey that celebrates the essence of Mexican cuisine. With Orbit Car Hire, you can explore the city's culinary scene and enjoy the authentic flavors of Queretaro to create unforgettable memories of your visit.
Best restaurant in Queretaro
Finca La Venta: Known for its delicious Mexican cuisine and charming ambiance, Finca La Venta is a favorite among both locals and tourists. Try their traditional dishes, such as mole and enchiladas.
El Mesón de Chucho El Roto: This restaurant offers a unique dining experience with its themed decor and live music. Enjoy a variety of Mexican dishes and savor the flavors of Queretaro.
La Mariposa: La Mariposa is famous for its contemporary Mexican cuisine with a creative twist. The menu features a wide range of options, from seafood to grilled meats, all served in an elegant setting.
La Antojería de Queretaro: If you're looking for a casual spot to try local street food favorites, La Antojería de Queretaro is the place to go. Sample a variety of antojitos (small snacks) and traditional dishes.
Piquin: Piquin is known for its fusion of Mexican and Mediterranean flavors. The restaurant's diverse menu includes fresh seafood, pasta, and delectable desserts.
El Mesón de Santa Rosa: Located in a historic building, El Mesón de Santa Rosa offers a fine dining experience with an emphasis on traditional Mexican cuisine. The restaurant is particularly popular for special occasions.
La Biznaga: La Biznaga is celebrated for its contemporary Mexican cuisine and extensive mezcal selection. The restaurant's trendy atmosphere and innovative dishes make it a memorable dining destination.
El Trapio: A hidden gem in Queretaro, El Trapio specializes in traditional Queretano dishes. The restaurant's rustic charm and authentic flavors make it a delightful spot to explore local cuisine.
Los Pepes: Known for its mouthwatering barbecue and grilled meats, Los Pepes is a favorite among meat lovers. The casual atmosphere and generous portions make it a popular choice.
La Mariposa Jardin y Cocina: This restaurant offers a beautiful garden setting where you can enjoy Mexican and international dishes. It's a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city.
What you need to know about renting a car
How do you make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick the vehicle you want from the list. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method and fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (the car hire company sets this condition and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to ensure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price, and the payment of your booking. Having your voucher with you at the time of pick-up is mandatory. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. Booking a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date is best - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency of the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted?
You can pay with a debit and credit card when booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop-off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when booking. If you already have a booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay to repair or fix it. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection?
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. An excess, also known as a deductible, comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.