Car Hire in Lodz
Find best deals in Lodz
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Lodz
Lodz is a city in Poland, more precisely in the central part of the country. It is the fourth largest city in Poland and the capital of the Lodz Voivodeship. The settlements in this area existed long before the founding of the city of Lodz. The first evidence of the city dates back to the 14th century. In the past, many different civilizations ruled in this area and Lodz experienced several ups and downs in its past. There were many periods when Lodz struggled, but especially during the Industrial Revolution the city rose and became more and more important on a national level. Thanks to the Industrial Revolution, many other people also moved to Lodz. This also made the city of Lodz a city of contrasts, as there were both many workers and families who came here to work in industry and many wealthy people who ran and owned the industry. You can see these contrasts at every corner of Lodz, especially when you see the architecture.
After World War II, the city of Lodz struggled to get back on the old path. There were many crises and many people moved away from the city. Over the years, Lodz managed to re-establish itself as an important city in Poland. Today the city is very popular and attractive among tourists and travelers from all over the world. There are many interesting cultural, historical, and religious sights here that are worth visiting. So, if you are going on a road trip through Poland, you should definitely put Lodz on the list of cities where you will stop and spend a few days, you will definitely not regret it.
Besides many interesting sights, the city of Lodz is also known for its famous film school, where many great Polish film artists learned their craft. One of them was also Roman Polansky. For example, in 2017 the city was included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network and was named UNESCO City of Film.
Basic info and car hire in Lodz
- Location: Lodz Voivodeship, central Poland
- Population: 670,642
- Official language: Polish
- Currency: Polish Złoty
- Weather:Łódź has a humid continental climate
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Lodz are in good condition.
- Car hire in Lodz: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Lodz, is at Lodz Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Lodz!
Driving in Lodz
If you want to explore Lodz and all of Poland properly, a rental car is the best solution for you. The roads here are generally in good condition, the signaling is clear and distinct, and the cities are well-connected. The landscapes are great, the roads are well maintained and the towns and villages are really attractive, colorful and worth seeing. If you want to explore the center of Lodz, it is best to park your car in one of the many parking lots in the city. Before you park your car, make sure you know the price of the parking lot and how to pay. It is good to know that it is almost impossible to find a parking lot in Lodz without paying a fee. After parking your car, you can explore the city center on foot or combine a walk with using public transport. There is a pedestrian zone in the city center, where you can enter by car only with a permit.
You can apply for such a permit at the Office of Roads and Traffic. Piotrowska 175 in Lodz to apply. For a resident's permit: Branch Committee. Residents' Service (contact point for residents of Lodz) ul. Piotrkowska 110, tel. 42 272 63 41. The permit is valid for one year only.
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in Poland is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old and with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age, you must also have held a driving license for a minimum of 12 months. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional requirements: Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with four wheels or more), headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually), crash helmet for motorcyclists or moped riders and their passengers (a child up to the age of seven may ride a motorcycle or moped as a passenger without a helmet if the speed does not exceed 40km/h), reflective jacket (although not mandatory to carry, you could be fined for walking on the side of a road outside a built-up area at night or in reduced visibility if not wearing one), fire extinguisher.
- Children in the car: Children under the age of 12 and less than 150cm in height must be restrained by a seat belt adapted to their size or seated in a special seat. If the car is equipped with airbags at the front, it is prohibited to place a child in a rear-facing seat on the front passenger seat
- Driving side of the road: Right hand
- Lights: You must turn your lights on any time you can't see at least 1000 feet ahead. Use your low-beam headlights whenever it is raining.
- General speed limits: The national speed limit on motorways in Poland, unless otherwise indicated on local signage, is 140km/h (87mph). On a main road outside a built-up area, it's 90 km/h to 120km/h (according to local signs). For built-up areas, it’s 50km/h (between the hours of 05:00 and 23:00) or 60km/h (between the hours of 23:00 and 05:00).
Car Hire in Lodz
Most popular car hire at Lodz
The most selected hire car in Lodz is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio, or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Lodz are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Lodz
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Lodz. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Poland.
Lodz-Warsaw (130km with approximately 1,5 hours of drive)
Lodz-Lublin (298km with approximately 3 hours of drive)
Lodz-Poznan (218km with approximately 2,5 hours of drive)
Lodz-Wroclaw (222km with approximately 2,5 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Lodz
Tatra Mountains, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Kazimierz, Krakow, Rynek Główny, Wawel Royal Castle, Oswiecim, Auschwitz Concentration Camps, Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau, Katowice, Czestochowa...
What to see in Lodz
Lodz is the fourth largest Polish city, once known for its rich and well-developed industry. The industry helped the city to flourish and today it is a very attractive city, known not only for its industry but also for many other things. There are many interesting cultural, historical, and religious sites in the city that are worth visiting. It is also a very attractive and developed cultural center of Poland with one of the best film schools in Europe. So, Lodz is a city that offers you more than enough reasons to pay it a visit. It is a popular destination for tourists and travelers from all over the world, come here and see why.
If you come to Lodz, you can not miss the Manufaktura. In the city center, there is a shopping center and a leisure complex that houses former textile factories. The architecture is really amazing and this red brick building gives Lodz a very special charm. There is not only a shopping center here but also a museum and much more.
Ulica Piotrkowska is the main street of Lodz and one of the longest pedestrian-only streets in the world. This is truly a spectacular place to explore the city. Walking along Ulica Piotrkowska you can visit all kinds of places here, from great restaurants, stores, cafes, galleries, museums, hotels, etc.
Other places to visit and things to do in Lodz: Radegast Train Station, Central Museum of Textiles, Edward Herbst's Villa, Księży Młyn (Priest's Mill), Jewish Cemetery, Izrael Poznański Palace, Off Piotrkowska, Muzeum Sztuki ms2, Botanical Garden, Muzeum Kanału „Dętka”, Karl Scheibler's Chapel, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Łagiewnicki Forest,...
Drive your rental car beyond Lodz
The Republic of Poland is a country in Central Europe. Poland is divided into 16 administrative provinces, the voivodeships, and is the fifth most populous country in the European Union with 37.7 million inhabitants. There are several major cities in the country, the largest being: Warsaw, Kraków, Wrocław, Łódź, Poznań, Gdańsk, and Szczecin. Poland covers a large area stretching from the Baltic Sea in the north to the Sudetes and the Carpathian Mountains in the south. The country borders Lithuania and Russia to the northeast, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. It also shares maritime borders with Denmark and Sweden. Poland is a member of the European Union, including the Schengen area. It is also a founding member of the United Nations, as well as a member of the World Trade Organization and NATO. Poland has a temperate transitional climate, and in addition to many impressive cities, there are also many breathtaking natural sights that you should definitely visit if you are planning a road trip through Poland. This country has beautiful nature and also offers many outdoor activities that you can do all year round, from rafting on the rivers (the longest Polish river is the Vistula), climbing, hiking (Poland's highest mountain is Mount Rysy), cycling, mountain biking, swimming, skiing, snowboarding, sailing, etc. Moreover, this is a country with a long and rich past and also with a very strong tradition, so you can visit many different historical, cultural, and religious sights that will give you a different view of this interesting and beautiful country. The country has 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, 15 of which are cultural. There are numerous museums that will give you the opportunity to learn more about the history of Poland. The first evidence of people living on this soil dates back to 10000 BC. The country experienced several ups and downs in the past, and there were also many different civilizations that passed through and dominated this area in the past. Today's modern Poland was established in 1989.
When traveling through Poland, you will have the opportunity to meet very hospitable locals, enjoy delicious Polish cuisine, discover wonderful nature, vibrant cities, many cultural events, sporting events, and much more throughout the year. The roads are generally in good condition, so you will really enjoy driving. If we add the great landscapes you can experience on the roads of Poland, this is really a perfect country for a good road trip. There is something for every kind of tourist and traveler, it's up to you what kind of vacation you prefer, but you can be sure that you will not be bored in Poland. Besides many attractions, you can also experience very lively nightlife in Polish cities.
These are some of the most popular places to visit in Poland: Wroclaw, Warsaw, Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot, Cracow, Szczecin, Poznan, Torun, Malbork, Rzeszów, Lodz, Zakopane, Mikolajki, Swinoujscie.
Where to eat, drink, and party in Lodz
Lodz is known as a unique destination for Polish gastronomy. The cuisine here is characterized by the multicultural spirit of the city. The dishes are a mixture of all kinds of influences and you can really enjoy a great gastronomic experience in Lodz. There are several restaurants in the city that offer traditional Polish cuisine or dishes that are authentic for the region. But of course, you can also find restaurants where you can order more modern Polish cuisine and also menus from all over the world. So, if you are looking for a unique and great Polish culinary experience, you will definitely find it in Lodz.
BEST PLACES FOR PARTY IN LODZ
Brush Barber Shop
Bowling Krol Kul
Neon Golf Pub
Best restaurant in Lodz
Whiskey in the Jar
Restauracja Stary Rynek 2
Forno Nero Pizza Napoletana
Anatewka – Manufaktura
Ristorante Mare e Monti
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method, and you simply fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick-up. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency in the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted
You can pay with a debit card and credit card when making a booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when you make a booking. If you already have a booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay for it to be repaired or fixed. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is Collision Damage Waiver
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by rent a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. There is an excess, also known as a deductible, that comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Lodz
Best of Poland