Car Hire in Rzeszow
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Rzeszow
Rzeszow is a city in Poland, more precisely in the southeastern part of the country. It is the capital of the Subcarpathian Voivodeship and also the seat of Rzeszów County. The city was founded in the 14th century. Of course, the settlements in this area existed much earlier, but the name Rzeszow was first mentioned in the Middle Ages. Thanks to its favorable location, it was a very important city, well connected with other parts of the country and Europe, especially with the port cities of Poland. This fact contributed to the fact that the city grew in every way and Rzeszow became more and more important and developed over the years.
the city is still a well-developed and important Polish center. Here in Rzeszow, there are many opportunities for investment and all kinds of business opportunities. This makes this city even more popular among different types of tourists and travelers from Poland and from all over the world. If you come here, you can find many interesting cultural, historical, and religious sights that are worth visiting. The city is also attractive because it is a great mix of tradition and modernity. You can see this in every corner of Rzeszow. In 2011, Forbes ranked Rzeszów second in the list of the most attractive medium-sized cities for business. It is also important to mention that there are many business schools and other universities here. This also makes Rzeszow a popular destination for younger people. The presence of the younger generation here in Rzeszow adds another dimension to the city's nightlife. The nightlife in Rzeszow is very lively and you can find really great places to party here.
so there are more than enough reasons to put Rzeszow on the list of cities where you will stop and spend a few days during your road trip through Poland. The roads here are in good condition, the city is well-connected to other parts of the country and the continent, so all you have to do is buckle up and drive safely!
Basic info and car hire in Rzeszow
- Location: Subcarpathian Voivodeship, southeastern Poland
- Population: 198,609
- Official language: Polish
- Currency: Polish Złoty
- Weather: Rzeszów has a continental climate
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Rzeszów are in good condition.
- Car hire in Rzeszow: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Rzeszów, is at Rzeszów Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Rzeszów!
Driving in Rzeszow
Renting a car in Rzeszow is the best solution for you if you want to explore the city and its surroundings properly. Rzeszow is a city known for its good connections with other parts of the country. It is especially well connected with the port cities. So, there are really many ways to get to Rzeszow by car, and it's up to you what kind of landscapes and roads you prefer on your road trip. Traffic signs are clear here, so you just need to follow the traffic rules, follow the road signs and you will have no problems driving here in Rzeszow.
If you want to explore the city center, it is best to park your car in one of the many parking lots in the city and explore the city center on foot or combine walking with using public transport. It's good to know that in this city it's almost impossible to find a parking lot free of charge. So before you park your car, make sure you know the prices and payment options.
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in Poland is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old and with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age, you must also have held a driving license for a minimum of 12 months. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional requirements: Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with four wheels or more), headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually), crash helmet for motorcyclists or moped riders and their passengers (a child up to the age of seven may ride a motorcycle or moped as a passenger without a helmet if the speed does not exceed 40km/h), reflective jacket (although not mandatory to carry, you could be fined for walking on the side of a road outside a built-up area at night or in reduced visibility if not wearing one), fire extinguisher.
- Children in the car: Children under the age of 12 and less than 150cm in height must be restrained by a seat belt adapted to their size or seated in a special seat. If the car is equipped with airbags at the front, it is prohibited to place a child in a rear-facing seat on the front passenger seat
- Driving side of the road: Right hand
- Lights: You must turn your lights on any time you can't see at least 1000 feet ahead. Use your low-beam headlights whenever it is raining.
- General speed limits: The national speed limit on motorways in Poland, unless otherwise indicated on local signage, is 140km/h (87mph). On a main road outside a built-up area, it's 90 km/h to 120km/h (according to local signs). For built-up areas, it’s 50km/h (between the hours of 05:00 and 23:00) or 60km/h (between the hours of 23:00 and 05:00).
Car Hire in Rzeszow
Most popular car hire at Rzeszow
The most selected hire car in Rzeszow is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio, or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Rzeszow are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Rzeszow
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Rzeszow. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Poland.
Rzeszow-Tarnow (85km with approximately 1 hour of drive)
Rzeszow-Krakow (167km with approximately 2 hours of drive)
Rzeszow-Kielce (156km with approximately 2,5 hours of drive)
Rzeszow-Lublin (178km with approximately 3 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Rzeszow
Veľký Rozsutec, Štefanová, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Auschwitz Concentration Camps, Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau, Oswiecim, Kazimierz, Wawel Royal Castle, Rynek Główny, Krakow, Katowice,...
What to see in Rzeszow
Rzeszow is a popular business center in Poland with many opportunities for investment and also for education and business. But this city is much more than that. There is a fantastic mix of modern and traditional here and you can visit amazing cultural, historical, and religious sights here. Before you come to Rzeszow, you should do some research and prepare yourself, because there really is a lot to see and do here and if you want to be as efficient as possible, it is best to make a plan for your visit.
One of the places you should not miss during your visit to Rzeszow is the main square of Rzeszow. This market square is really a great place to visit, especially for families. There are many stores, restaurants, and cafes in this square. This square is also home to the town hall, which you can visit to learn more about this interesting city.
Another place you should visit here in Rzeszow is the natural swimming pool Żwirownia. This is one of the most popular destinations for locals, especially in the summer. It is located in the southern part of the city and offers a wide range of different activities. A perfect place for children! But it's good to know that it can be very crowded here in summer, so you should plan your visit early in the morning if you want to get a free spot.
Other places to visit and things to do in Rzeszow: Christmas market, The Glass Bridge of Rzeszow, The Monument of Revolutionary Deeds, Malawa Fun Park for families in Rzeszow, Lino Skoczek Rope Park, Street art in Rzeszow, Flypark, Municipal promenade, 3 Maja Street, Lubomirski Summer Palace, Cartoon Museum in Rzeszow, Lubomirski Castle,...
Drive your rental car beyond Rzeszow
The Republic of Poland is a country in Central Europe. Poland is divided into 16 administrative provinces, the voivodeships, and is the fifth most populous country in the European Union with 37.7 million inhabitants. There are several major cities in the country, the largest being: Warsaw, Kraków, Wrocław, Łódź, Poznań, Gdańsk, and Szczecin. Poland covers a large area stretching from the Baltic Sea in the north to the Sudetes and the Carpathian Mountains in the south. The country borders Lithuania and Russia to the northeast, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. It also shares maritime borders with Denmark and Sweden. Poland is a member of the European Union, including the Schengen area. It is also a founding member of the United Nations, as well as a member of the World Trade Organization and NATO. Poland has a temperate transitional climate, and in addition to many impressive cities, there are also many breathtaking natural sights that you should definitely visit if you are planning a road trip through Poland. This country has beautiful nature and also offers many outdoor activities that you can do all year round, from rafting on the rivers (the longest Polish river is the Vistula), climbing, hiking (Poland's highest mountain is Mount Rysy), cycling, mountain biking, swimming, skiing, snowboarding, sailing, etc. Moreover, this is a country with a long and rich past and also with a very strong tradition, so you can visit many different historical, cultural, and religious sights that will give you a different view of this interesting and beautiful country. The country has 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, 15 of which are cultural. There are numerous museums that will give you the opportunity to learn more about the history of Poland. The first evidence of people living on this soil dates back to 10000 BC. The country experienced several ups and downs in the past, and there were also many different civilizations that passed through and dominated this area in the past. Today's modern Poland was established in 1989.
When traveling through Poland, you will have the opportunity to meet very hospitable locals, enjoy delicious Polish cuisine, discover wonderful nature, vibrant cities, many cultural events, sporting events, and much more throughout the year. The roads are generally in good condition, so you will really enjoy driving. If we add the great landscapes you can experience on the roads of Poland, this is really a perfect country for a good road trip. There is something for every kind of tourist and traveler, it's up to you what kind of vacation you prefer, but you can be sure that you will not be bored in Poland. Besides many attractions, you can also experience very lively nightlife in Polish cities.
These are some of the most popular places to visit in Poland: Wroclaw, Warsaw, Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot, Cracow, Szczecin, Poznan, Torun, Malbork, Rzeszów, Lodz, Zakopane, Mikolajki, Swinoujscie.
Where to eat, drink, and party in Rzeszow
Rzeszow is a city with a very colorful gastronomic offer. It is a multicultural city and you will notice that when you visit the city's restaurants. In Rzeszow, you can find a wide variety of restaurants. There are places with traditional Polish and authentic local cuisine, but also modern Polish cuisine and places where you can order menus from all over the world. So when you come to Rzeszow, you can be sure that you will find a perfect restaurant.
PLACES FOR PARTY IN RZESZOW:
Best restaurant in Rzeszow
Oro Italia Rzeszow
Radosc Restaurant (Joy)
What you need to know about renting a car
How do you make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick the vehicle you want from the list. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method and fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (the car hire company sets this condition and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to ensure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price, and the payment of your booking. Having your voucher with you at the time of pick-up is mandatory. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. Booking a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date is best - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency of the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted?
You can pay with a debit and credit card when booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop-off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when booking. If you already have a booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay to repair or fix it. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver?
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection?
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. An excess, also known as a deductible, comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Rzeszow
Best of Poland