Find your car hire
Ljubljana is a great city to stay. In the summer there is beautiful weather and with all the entertainment that the capital is offering for sure, you will not be bored. In the winter when the snow covers all the buildings and trees and you can only see the beautiful Christmas decoration it is a truly magical place. So if you are searching for something new to discover, Ljubljana is a perfect choice.
Since Ljubljana is small you can have a nice walk throughout the city, the river Ljubljanica flows through the entire center of Ljubljana, which gives this beautiful city additional value. In case you would like to see more than just the center, we definitely recommend renting a car. Hiring a car in Ljubljana is easy and allows the freedom to drive to other beautiful places nearby.
Basic info and car hire in Ljubljana
- Location: Central Slovenian statistical regions
- Population: 279.631 (2019)
- Official language: Slovenian (English is widely spoken in Slovenia)
- Currency: Euro
- Weather: In Ljubljana, the climate is continental, adjacent to the sub-tropical humid climate, with continental characteristics, such as warm summers and moderately cold winters
- Holidays in Ljubljana: Ljubljana is full of events, and you will also find many museums, bars, and restaurants where you can spice up your holiday.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The roads in Ljubljana are in excellent condition. In roundabouts, the cars in the inner circle always have the right when going out of the roundabout.
- Car hire in Ljubljana: You can find various car rental options in the center of Ljubljana, but the airport is not far either. Ljubljana Airport has situated around 30 km from the capital. The average daily price for hiring a car in Ljubljana is10 £ / 15 € in the off-season time ( Autumn and Winter ), and around 25 £ / 35 € in the spring and summertime. Please note that prices vary frequently. It's best to make a car booking 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this way you ensure the lowest car hire price. Alternatively, it is possible to find a great last-minute car hire deal.
Driving in Ljubljana
Driving in Ljubljana is safe and very easy. You will find clear and consistent road signs comparing with those used throughout Europe. Generally, roads in Slovenia are in excellent condition. The Ljubljana bypass is a total of 33 kilometers long, and it has more than 20 connections, or on average one per about one and a half kilometers. At the same time, the Ljubljana motorway ring is the busiest on the entire Slovenian motorway junction, and the traffic on it is increasing from year to year.
- Age limits: You must be at least 18 years old (although some rental car companies have higher requirements)
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if your driver's license is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: Identification (passport), a valid driving license, and valid proof of insurance. (It is advisable to buy insurance at the car hire agency in case your policy doesn't cover you while driving in Slovenia).
- Additional requirements: Warning triangles, spare wheels are required as well as hands-free equipment with hearing aids are required when talking on the phone while driving.
- Children in the car: All car occupants must wear a seat belt. Children under the age of twelve, or taller than 4ft 11in / 1.50 meters, may travel in the front passenger seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right.
- Lights: Headlights are turned on at all times (day and night).
- General speed limits: 50km/H in built-up areas, 130km/h on Motorways
- Parking suggestions: Chances are you will have to pay for your parking. You will notice small pay machines on the sidewalk at least one every street or so. You pay at the machine, take your ticket, and place it on the dashboard of your vehicle.
What to see in Ljubljana
Ljubljana puts people first. There are no more cars in the city center for a long time, so there is so much more space for terraces of cafes and restaurants, for cultural events, relaxed shopping at various markets, bike paths lene Green areas are intertwined with the urban environment, so you can quickly escape from the hustle and bustle. parks and woods. There are also many opportunities for wandering in the vicinity of Ljubljana. However, if we are talking about the very center of Ljubljana, then it is definitely worth visiting Ljubljana Castle, which lies on a hill above the city and you can see it from several parts of the city. Also one of the sights is the triple bridge near the main square. In addition to all the museums and galleries that can be found in this city, it is also worth visiting the many Cafes along the Ljubljana River, Slovenian food market, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Dragon Bridge and also Metelkova street where you can spend the night in a hostel that still resembles a former prison. You can also take a free walking tour guide, which is not lacking in Ljubljana.
Drive your rental car beyond Ljubljana
If you are located in Ljubljana and you would like to see other things that Slovenia has to offer, then this will not be a problem, as it is a relatively very small country, so with a short drive, you can see both the coastal part of Slovenia and the more mountainous part. in the Gorenjska region. the interesting thing about this small country is that in the morning you can stand on top of the surrounding hill or mountain, and in the afternoon you can already swim in the sea. From Ljubljana, both the mountains and the sea can be reached at a short distance, where you will not spend more than 1 and a half hours driving.
Enjoy the culture in Ljubljana
Where to eat, drink, and party in Ljubljana
Ljubljana is a world of small and culinary tourists offering a diverse and colorful offer for all tastes and every pocket. If you are looking for authentic home cooking or haute cuisine, a trendy brunch or a classic breakfast, a romantic corner, or a place for a lively evening with friends, you are at the right place. Ljubljana's culinary scene is like Ljubljana itself - ancient and youthful, refined and exuberant, homely and cosmopolitan.
Looking for fun? There is something suitable for everyone in Ljubljana! You can socialize, sit, observe other partygoers, or dance to the sounds of different musical genres. Ljubljana is not big, so you can easily afford a night wandering around bars and clubs, which will last until the early morning.
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you have to choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form there is a step where you choose the payment method and you simply fill in your credit card information. In the end, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at the time of pick-up.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has its own security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone: +354 823 0165
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and in our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in case of:
- Out of hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle out of office hours),
- One way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not in relation to the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental in order to avoid any unexpected surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick up. If you do not have the voucher with you at the time of pick up, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or can change the price of the rental.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire which, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover that refunds you in case the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. For more information, you can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us.
Car Hire Locations in Ljubljana 1 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In LjubljanaMost popular car rentals in Ljubljana are AbbyCar, Alamo Car Hire, AutoUnion Car Rental and Enterprise Rent a Car
Best of Slovenia