Holidays in May is a must. Why? Robin Williams once said, "Spring is nature's way of saying let's party!" He was right. Spring is the time for tricks and trips. We've finally found the energy, ambition and desire to hop and skip and are ready for the great outdoors. All the options from hiking in the most famous trek - Inca Trail in Peru, climbing in the Mecca for climbers - Tafraoute or car rental for your road trip from Faro to Lisbon are now waiting for you to grab them and seize the day.
5 reasons to travel in May
Don't be like everyone else, be yourself. Choices determine our destiny and our choice is to make this spring memorable. You're wondering why spring and not summer, right? Here's why: it's cheaper.
Peak season prices are high, and guess what? Spring is not the peak season!
- It’s less crowded. You will have the best beaches in the world to yourself – and that is pure luxury!
- Great and stable weather. It’s not too cold and not too hot. There is no way you will get sunburnt, but you can always take a swim.
- Nature blossoms. For the love of Green and Pink and all the Colors of Nature that begin to arise, spring is the time to awake your senses and smell the freshness.
- Spring is simply the best!
Top 5 destinations for your spring holidays
Spring vacation is the choice of the month, and the month is May. May is named after Maia - the Greek goddess of fertility, it is the month when the flowers bloom, the birds sing and the bees give you a hard time ;) So, where to go this May? Here are our top destinations for your spring trip:
- Morocco: Escaping to the Sahara Desert is best in the spring when temperatures are mild. Trust us, you don't want to be sweating on the camel's back all day. So our advice is if you want to go to the Sahara and don't want to suffer a heat stroke, plan your vacation in April or May.
- Crete is the largest Greek island and a truly magical place in spring. The time when tulips, cyclamen, poppies, orchids, bulbs and herbs begin to bloom will give you the privilege of experiencing the rebirth of Mother Nature.
- Sicily: Put your footprints on the sandy beach this spring. This sparkling island has numerous beaches to choose from and you can have them all to yourself.
- Tokyo: When cities are painted pink, cherries blossom. Cherry blossoms are a good reason to visit Tokyo, that's for sure. But once you're here, you'll be surprised and amazed by the city's crazy, futuristic architecture, culture and traditions. There's just one thing about Tokyo we have to warn you about: Taxis are expensive, our advice is: rent a car.
- Peru: "In the variety of its charms and the power of its enchantment; I know of no place in the world that can compare with it." These words by the archaeologist Hiram Bingham are dedicated to the majestic Machu Picchu - one of the 7 Wonders of the World ... and a hike on the Inca Trail will take you there. Mysterious and graceful, hidden yet exposed, historic yet powerful - it's all Machu Picchu. Now that the rainy season is over, it's time for your Machu Picchu hike to begin.
Spring holidays, here we come!
Read more travel-related