Car hire in Bordeaux
Find your car hire
Bordeaux is a port city in southwestern France, the capital of the Aquitaine region, and the fifth largest center among all French cities. It is considered a very pleasant, quiet and beautiful place for tourists. And this place offers a wide range of interesting places to visit.
The most important and famous thing about Bordeaux is undoubtedly the legendary wine that is produced here. There are many vineyards and wineries around the city. You can visit some of them for free, and there are often organized wine tastings. And in the city itself, the various mass festivals associated with this drink are not uncommon. Bordeaux also has historical monuments, museums, and incredibly beautiful architectural buildings to offer.
Basic info and car hire in Bordeaux
- Location: The capital of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region
- Population: 257,804 (2019)
- Official language: French
- Currency: Euro ( EUR)
- Weather: Suboceanic with Mediterranean influences. Winters are mostly mild and rainy, while summers are warm and mostly sunny.
- Holidays in Bordeaux: Bordeaux is one of the centers of gastronomy tourism and business tourism for the organization of internal congresses.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Across most of France, the roads are in excellent condition.
- Car hire in Bordeaux: Renting a car at Bordeaux Airport or Bordeaux Railway Station at Orbit Car Hire gives you a lot of freedom to travel throughout France at your own pace. With a wide selection of vehicles, you can be sure to find the vehicle that suits your needs and will benefit you the most on your trip.
Driving in Bordeaux
Explore the famous wine region of Bordeaux, where you can enjoy wine tastings at places like is the vineyards of Médoc or St. Emilion and visit the beautiful Jardin Public Gardens, which meanders along the river docks with 11 acres of trees, flowers, ponds, and wildlife, or the beautiful Three Graces Fountain.
Bordeaux is a major road and motorway junction. The city is connected to Paris by the A10 motorway and there is a 45 km bypass, the "Rocade", which is often very busy. Bordeaux has five road bridges crossing the Garonne River and all five road bridges, including the two motorway bridges, are also accessible to cyclists and pedestrians.
When you Driving in Bordeaux and the rest of France in the summertime can be a bit busy due to increased traffic due to a high season.
- Age limits: The age limit is 21 to 25 years, depending on the car rental agency. Many of the agencies either charge a fee for young drivers fee if you are under this age, or do not allow you to rent the car at all.
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if your driver's license is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: Identification (passport), a valid driving license, and valid proof of insurance. (It is advisable to buy insurance at the car hire agency in case your policy doesn't cover you while driving in France).
- Additional requirements: Warning triangles, spare wheels are required as well as a hands-free equipment with hearing aids are required when talking on the phone while driving.
- Children in the car: All car occupants must wear a seat belt. Children under the age of twelve, or taller than 4ft 11in / 1.50 meters, may travel in the front passenger seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right.
- Lights: Headlights are turned on at all times (day and night).
- General speed limits: 80 mph / 130kph on the Motorways, 49 mph / 80 kph Main roads Outside Built-up Areas, and 31 mph/50 kph within Built-up Areas.
- Parking suggestions: Mostly all parking lots are chargeable where the average price per hour is around GBP 1,90/ € 2.20.
What to see in Bordeaux
Bordeaux is an incredibly beautiful city with many historical and architectural monuments. The climate in Bordeaux is quite warm, temperate, and friendly. And the city itself is happy for every tourist and guest. Besides, there are many amazing places in Bordeaux and many incredibly beautiful buildings that are worth visiting. Wine holiday? Oh, yes. That's it! Bordeaux is located in the southwestern part of France, along the Garonne River. The elegant rural area is known for five grape varieties: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and Malbec. We recommend you start your journey in Médoc and continue through the region from there. You will not regret it!
Here are some suggestions worth visiting:
- Les Quais - Ideal for a nice walk along the Garonne coast, enjoy the ferry ride, the view of the breathtaking scenery over the bridges of Bordeaux.
- Lift bridge Jacques Chaban - Delmas Located between the "Qais" and the "Aquitaine Bridge". It is a drawbridge that is up to 53 meters high. It thus allows passenger ships and historic sailing boats to dock near Quinconces Square.
- Quinconces Square - Check out Girondin's Fountain and the monument dedicated to the civic members of the National Assembly during the French Revolution.
Drive your rental car beyond Bordeaux
Bordeaux a great city, but it is also close to other destinations that could make your vacation even more memorable. Carcassonne dominates the entire city, which is a castle in La Cité, a medieval fortified upper town. Montségur is almost cult and attracts lovers of Cathar history, mountaineers, and lovers of charming little French villages. There is no train station in Montségur, but you can rent a car and drive there in about 1.5 hours. To the northeast, Albi has an outstanding Episcopal center that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Enjoy the culture in Bordeaux
Where to eat, drink, and party in Bordeaux
Gastronomy has a very important place in the city, which is full of restaurants of all kinds. French restaurants serve dishes from almost every part of the country. There are also many Asian, African, and Arabic restaurants.
Bordeaux is alive day and night. If you are looking for a bar to hang out with friends or watch a football game, head to La Victoire. This is where most of the pubs and bars in the city are located. Almost all of the businesses in this area are bars, and you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
If you prefer dancing or going to a club, most of the nightclubs are located on the Qais, near the train station. From rock to disco, dance techno... there are many options.
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you have to choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form there is a step where you choose the payment method and you simply fill in your credit card information. In the end, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at the time of pick-up.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has its own security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone: +354 823 0165
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and in our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in case of:
- Out of hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle out of office hours),
- One way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not in relation to the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental in order to avoid any unexpected surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick up. If you do not have the voucher with you at the time of pick up, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or can change the price of the rental.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire which, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover that refunds you in case the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. For more information, you can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us.
Car Hire Locations in Bordeaux 2 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Bordeaux
Best of France