Car Hire in Toulouse
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Toulouse
in the southwest of France lies an extraordinary, very colorful, and fascinating city - Toulouse. It is very different from Paris, Lyon, and Marseille, but this city has its own flight of fancy. The city is harmoniously interwoven with different cultures and traditions. Toulouse is one of the most photographed places in the world. This is not at all surprising, as the historic city center is not only a favorite spot for tourists from all over the world but also a place for slow strolls by locals. And why is Toulouse also called Pink City? Toulouse got this nickname because of its narrow streets and brick architecture, which give the city a special charm. Finally, the food here and in the rest of the Midi-Pyrénées region, of which Toulouse is the capital, is among the most interesting in France.
You can explore Toulouse on foot, and you can also rent a bike, which is free for the first 30 minutes. However, if you want to explore more of the south of France, then we recommend renting a car. Renting a car in Toulouse is easy and allows you the freedom to drive to other beautiful places nearby.
Basic info and car hire in Toulouse
- Location: city, capital of Haute-Garonne département, Occitanie région, southern France.
- Population: 471.941 (2018)
- Official language: French
- Currency: Euro ( EUR)
- Weather: At Toulouse, the summers are warm and mostly clear while the winters are cold and partly cloudy.
- Holidays in Toulouse: Toulouse is known for its many events that take place, hosting around 1000 events a year, which makes it one of the most diverse cities in France.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: In the Southern part of France you will experience one of the more attractive explorations by car, also the road is in excellent condition.
- Car hire in Toulouse: It is popular to hire a car at the Toulouse-Blagnac airport as well as at the Toulouse - Matabiau Railway station, everywhere you will find a wide selection of vehicles through various rent a car companies. It's best to make a car booking 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this way you ensure the lowest car hire price. Alternatively, it is possible to find a great last-minute car hire deal.
Driving in Toulouse
There are three major French roads in France: Autoroutes, National Roads and departmental roads. Autoroutes is the fastest option and in English, this road is called a highway, motorway or freeway depending on where you are coming from. Department roads is a good choice if you are not in a hurry and also want to enjoy scenic routes. It's a good choice for exploring new towns along the way and getting a glimpse of the vast French countryside, as this road mostly passes through towns and villages. National roads are the usual shortest routes between major centers such as ports, cities, and airports.
The best time to visit Toulouse is in the spring and summer. This is mainly due to the weather, but also because the city becomes more lively at this time of year.
- Age limits: 21 (Minimum age may vary according to car hire companies. A Young Driver fee will apply to drivers under 25 years of age. To hire a car, it is required that a driver has held a license for more than one year) .
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if your driver's license is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: Identification (passport), a valid driving license, and valid proof of insurance. (It is advisable to buy insurance at the car hire agency in case your policy doesn't cover you while driving in France).
- Additional requirements: Warning triangles, spare wheels are required as well as hands-free equipment with hearing aids are required when talking on the phone while driving.
- Children in the car: All car occupants must wear a seat belt. Children under the age of twelve, or taller than 4ft 11in / 1.50 meters, may travel in the front passenger seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right.
- Lights: Headlights are turned on at all times (day and night).
- General speed limits: 80 mph / 130kph on the Motorways, 49 mph / 80 kph Main roads Outside Built-up Areas, and 31 mph/50 kph within Built-up Areas.
- Parking suggestions: Mostly all parking lots are chargeable where the average price per hour is around GBP 1,90/ € 2.20.
What to see in Toulouse
Toulouse is one of the most beautiful cities in France. Known as "La Ville Rose" because the city has many tall buildings built of pink bricks and this is also the reason why it is difficult to compare Toulouse with any other city. Toulouse also offers many museums that explore the cosmos, prehistory, ancient art, nature, and also Gothic. Add to that the amazing shopping, and you have a great destination. The Capitol is without a doubt the city's main attraction. The impressive architecture features a pink facade and many elegant columns. La Cathédrale Saint-Etienne is a strange and interesting mix of styles spanning five centuries.
Due to Toulouse's position as the main aeronautical center in Europe, La Cité de l'Espace is a must-see for all science, air, and space lovers. Discover the wonders of the city by river rather than on land with Toulouse Croisières' Parisian-style tourist boats, which make their way to Garonne River.
Drive your rental car beyond Toulouse
Toulouse a great city, but it is also close to other destinations that could make your vacation even more memorable.
Bordeaux, a sleepy town with lots of shops, amazing historical sites and is located in the heart of the land of wine. Carcassonne dominates the entire city, which is a castle in La Cité, a medieval fortified upper town. Montségur is almost cult and attracts lovers of Cathar history, mountaineers, and lovers of charming little French villages. There is no train station in Montségur, but you can rent a car and drive there in about 1.5 hours. To the northeast, Albi has an outstanding Episcopal center that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Albi is also known as the hometown of the great and in his time famous painter Toulouse-Lautrec. Visit the museum for a stroll alongside all the beautiful posters of Parisian life.
Enjoy the culture in Toulouse
Where to eat, drink, and party in Toulouse
If you visit Toulouse, you will never be thirsty while strolling through the city in the evening, because it offers many pubs, cocktail bars, concert halls where you can dance and have fun in different parts of the city. The city is also surrounded by many good restaurants that will satisfy your hunger. Toulouse also adores tapas, which are a specialty of this city in France.
What you need to know about renting a car
What do I need to rent a car in France?
A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
How old do I need to be to rent a car in France?
The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old but drivers with this age can rent only Mini and Economy Car Categories. Renters aged 25 and older may rent all Car Categories. With some suppliers for people over 75 years of age. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age.
Do I need car insurance in France?
Insurances are very important when renting a car and can be different between countries. When renting a car in France with Orbit Car Hire the prices will include mandatory insurances in the country.
Do I need a credit card to rent a car in France?
In most cases, a credit card is required to be presented in the name of the main driver. A security deposit may be required when renting a car so it is important to have sufficient funds on the credit card. When searching for a car at Orbit you can see credit card requirements from all our suppliers.
Do I need an international driving license in France?
Drivers license issued in France or within the European Union does not have to provide an international drivers license. For drivers with a license issued outside of the EU will need to have an international driving license as well as your standard driving license. You must have both licenses with you at all times while driving a car in France.
How do I find the cheapest car hire in France?
You can find cheap car hire by comparing prices with all major car rentals at Orbit. A good idea can be to book in advance as the prices can increase closer to the travel period.
What is the cheapest rental car in France?
You will find the mini car category or economy cars to be the cheapest car categories. Vehicles such as Renault Twingo and Citroen C3 often provide the best prices.
What is the best car rental company in France?
You may find excellent service provided by companies such as Europcar, Enterprise Rent a Car, Keddy by Europcar, Alamo Rent a Car, and GoldCar.
What types and makes of rental car deals can I find in France?
You will find car types such as mini, economy, compact, Full-Size, and luxury cars. Popular rental cars are Citroen C3, Renault Twingo, Peugeot 308, Toyota Yaris.
Does my rental car have unlimited mileage when I book it for France?
Most car rentals in France offer unlimited mileage in their offers.
How to hire a car in France?
You can hire a car in France with Orbit Car Hire in simple steps. First, you define where you would like to pick up and return the car, enter dates and times and you can search for your cheap France car hire.
How much is it to rent a car in France?
It will depend on where in France you would like to rent a car and at what period. The summer months can be more expensive than during the winter. You can find prices down to 12 GBP per day.
Can you rent an automatic car in France?
Yes, you can find a wide range of automatic rental cars in France. The best way to find your automatic car hire in France is to filter the "Automatic" transmission when searching for your vehicle.
Can I rent a car in France?
Yes, you can rent a car in France in simple steps with Orbit Car Hire. You just need to be over 21 years of age and have held the driving license for a minimum of one year (This can depend on the car hire companies)
Car Hire Locations in Toulouse 2 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Toulouse
Best of France