Car Hire in Toulouse
Find your car hire
in the southwest of France lies an extraordinary, very colorful, and fascinating city - Toulouse. It is very different from Paris, Lyon, and Marseille, but this city has its own flight of fancy. The city is harmoniously interwoven with different cultures and traditions. Toulouse is one of the most photographed places in the world. This is not at all surprising, as the historic city center is not only a favorite spot for tourists from all over the world but also a place for slow strolls by locals. And why is Toulouse also called Pink City? Toulouse got this nickname because of its narrow streets and brick architecture, which give the city a special charm. Finally, the food here and in the rest of the Midi-Pyrénées region, of which Toulouse is the capital, is among the most interesting in France.
You can explore Toulouse on foot, and you can also rent a bike, which is free for the first 30 minutes. However, if you want to explore more of the south of France, then we recommend renting a car. Renting a car in Toulouse is easy and allows you the freedom to drive to other beautiful places nearby.
Basic info and car hire in Toulouse
- Location: city, capital of Haute-Garonne département, Occitanie région, southern France.
- Population: 471.941 (2018)
- Official language: French
- Currency: Euro ( EUR)
- Weather: At Toulouse, the summers are warm and mostly clear while the winters are cold and partly cloudy.
- Holidays in Toulouse: Toulouse is known for its many events that take place, hosting around 1000 events a year, which makes it one of the most diverse cities in France.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: In the Southern part of France you will experience one of the more attractive explorations by car, also the road is in excellent condition.
- Car hire in Toulouse: It is popular to hire a car at the Toulouse-Blagnac airport as well as at the Toulouse - Matabiau Railway station, everywhere you will find a wide selection of vehicles through various rent a car companies. It's best to make a car booking 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this way you ensure the lowest car hire price. Alternatively, it is possible to find a great last-minute car hire deal.
Driving in Toulouse
There are three major French roads in France: Autoroutes, National Roads and departmental roads. Autoroutes is the fastest option and in English, this road is called a highway, motorway or freeway depending on where you are coming from. Department roads is a good choice if you are not in a hurry and also want to enjoy scenic routes. It's a good choice for exploring new towns along the way and getting a glimpse of the vast French countryside, as this road mostly passes through towns and villages. National roads are the usual shortest routes between major centers such as ports, cities, and airports.
The best time to visit Toulouse is in the spring and summer. This is mainly due to the weather, but also because the city becomes more lively at this time of year.
- Age limits: 21 (Minimum age may vary according to car hire companies. A Young Driver fee will apply to drivers under 25 years of age. To hire a car, it is required that a driver has held a license for more than one year) .
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if your driver's license is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: Identification (passport), a valid driving license, and valid proof of insurance. (It is advisable to buy insurance at the car hire agency in case your policy doesn't cover you while driving in France).
- Additional requirements: Warning triangles, spare wheels are required as well as hands-free equipment with hearing aids are required when talking on the phone while driving.
- Children in the car: All car occupants must wear a seat belt. Children under the age of twelve, or taller than 4ft 11in / 1.50 meters, may travel in the front passenger seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right.
- Lights: Headlights are turned on at all times (day and night).
- General speed limits: 80 mph / 130kph on the Motorways, 49 mph / 80 kph Main roads Outside Built-up Areas, and 31 mph/50 kph within Built-up Areas.
- Parking suggestions: Mostly all parking lots are chargeable where the average price per hour is around GBP 1,90/ € 2.20.
What to see in Toulouse
Toulouse is one of the most beautiful cities in France. Known as "La Ville Rose" because the city has many tall buildings built of pink bricks and this is also the reason why it is difficult to compare Toulouse with any other city. Toulouse also offers many museums that explore the cosmos, prehistory, ancient art, nature, and also Gothic. Add to that the amazing shopping, and you have a great destination. The Capitol is without a doubt the city's main attraction. The impressive architecture features a pink facade and many elegant columns. La Cathédrale Saint-Etienne is a strange and interesting mix of styles spanning five centuries.
Due to Toulouse's position as the main aeronautical center in Europe, La Cité de l'Espace is a must-see for all science, air, and space lovers. Discover the wonders of the city by river rather than on land with Toulouse Croisières' Parisian-style tourist boats, which make their way to Garonne River.
Drive your rental car beyond Toulouse
Toulouse a great city, but it is also close to other destinations that could make your vacation even more memorable.
Bordeaux, a sleepy town with lots of shops, amazing historical sites and is located in the heart of the land of wine. Carcassonne dominates the entire city, which is a castle in La Cité, a medieval fortified upper town. Montségur is almost cult and attracts lovers of Cathar history, mountaineers, and lovers of charming little French villages. There is no train station in Montségur, but you can rent a car and drive there in about 1.5 hours. To the northeast, Albi has an outstanding Episcopal center that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Albi is also known as the hometown of the great and in his time famous painter Toulouse-Lautrec. Visit the museum for a stroll alongside all the beautiful posters of Parisian life.
Enjoy the culture in Toulouse
Where to eat, drink, and party in Toulouse
If you visit Toulouse, you will never be thirsty while strolling through the city in the evening, because it offers many pubs, cocktail bars, concert halls where you can dance and have fun in different parts of the city. The city is also surrounded by many good restaurants that will satisfy your hunger. Toulouse also adores tapas, which are a specialty of this city in France.
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you have to choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form there is a step where you choose the payment method and you simply fill in your credit card information. In the end, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at the time of pick-up.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has its own security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone: +354 823 0165
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and in our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in case of:
- Out of hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle out of office hours),
- One way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not in relation to the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental in order to avoid any unexpected surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick up. If you do not have the voucher with you at the time of pick up, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or can change the price of the rental.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire which, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover that refunds you in case the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. For more information, you can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us.
Car Hire Locations in Toulouse 2 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Toulouse
Best of France