Car Hire in Kerry
Find your rental car in Kerry
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Kerry
Kerry is a county in the southwest of Ireland. The city of the county is Tralee. Kerry is one of the so-called Munster provinces and has a population of 145,502 (2016 census). It is bordered by County Limerick to the northeast, County Cork to the southeast and County Clare to the northwest. Kerry is also home to Killarney National Park and several mountain ranges such as MacGillycuddy's Reeks.
The area now known as County Kerry has been inhabited since at least 12,000 BC. In fact, some of the earliest known humans remains in Ireland were found in Kerry. The county was officially established in 1584 during the reign of Elizabeth I. It was named after the Earl of Kerry, who was one of the largest landowners in the area at that time.
Kerry has a long history and is steeped in mythology and legend. For example, the famous story of Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn McCool) is set in Kerry. The county is also home to the Skellig Islands, which featured in the recent Star Wars films.
If you are looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy nature, Kerry is definitely worth a visit. There are plenty of activities on offer, such as hiking, cycling, golfing and fishing. And of course, there are plenty of places to eat and drink!
Basic info and car hire in Kerry
- Location: Southwest region of Ireland
- Population: 147.707 (2016)
- Official language: Irish
- Currency: Euro €
- Weather: The weather in Kerry is mild and often changeable. It can be sunny one minute and raining the next. The best time to visit Kerry is during the summer months when the weather is at its best. However, even during the winter months, Kerry is a beautiful place to visit with its stunning scenery.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The road conditions in Kerry are excellent. Roads are easy to drive, well marked and with almost no road damage.
- Car hire in Kerry: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Kerry is Kerry Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Kerry!
Driving in Kerry
Driving in Kerry can be an adventure. The winding roads and lack of street lights can make for an interesting drive, especially at night. It is important to keep a cool head when driving in Kerry as the roads can be dangerous. However, if you are adventurous and enjoy driving, then Kerry is definitely the place for you! There are many scenic routes and you are sure to see some beautiful scenery as you drive. Just make sure you drive carefully and stick to the speed limit or you could get into trouble.
- Age limits: The minimum age to rent a car in Kerry is 23 years old, and the maximum age is 75. Different driver age restrictions apply to different vehicle groups and these are applied automatically to all online rental searches. If you entered your correct age and the online search returned a specific vehicle group, you are eligible to rent it. Please note that the same restrictions apply to all Additional Drivers.
- International Driving Permit: Yes, if you are a non-EU licence holder.
- Additional papers: Identification(passport), a valid driving licence, and valid proof of insurance. (It is advisable to buy insurance at the car hire agency in case your policy doesn't cover you while driving in Ireland)
- Additional requirements: Those who hold a UK Driving Licence must provide a one-time passcode generated by the DVLA online service "Share Driving Licence" to validate their driving record.
- Children in the car: The law says that all children under 150cm or 36kg in weight must use the correct child seat when travelling. This usually means your little one will need to be secured with a car seat until they turn 12 years old.
- Driving side of the road: Left side.
- Lights: Check that all lights are working, clean, and correctly aimed.
- General speed limits: Special limits: 30km/h, Urban areas: 50km/h, Regional roads: 80km/h and on National roads: 100km/h.
- Parking suggestions: As a general rule, parking is free if you park outside of the indicated hours or on any day that has no restrictions. There are some exceptions to this policy though; for example, clearways and bus lanes require payment with an erected ticket symbolizing your space rental agreement during those particular times.
Car Hire in Kerry
Most popular car hire at Kerry
The most selected hire car in Kerry is the Toyota Aygo, with the Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus also being popular options. The most popular car types in Kerry are mini and economy groups.
Premium car hire is also available in Kerry with models like BMW, Audi or Mercedes Benz available with some of the best car hire companies out there.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Kerry
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Kerry. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Ireland.
Popular day trips from Kerry
There are many popular day trips from Kerry, Ireland that visitors can enjoy. One of the most popular is a visit to the Blarney Stone, located in Blarney Castle. Tourists can climb to the top of the castle to kiss the stone, which is said to give the gift of eloquence.
Another popular day trip is to visit the Ring of Kerry, a scenic route that takes tourists around the Iveragh Peninsula. The route takes in mountains, lakes and coastal landscapes. Visitors can also stop at various points along the way for hikes or walks.
A third popular day trip from Kerry is to visit the Dingle Peninsula. This peninsula is known for its beautiful scenery and the Dolphin Watch boat tour, where visitors can see wild dolphins on the water.
Finally, no trip to Kerry would be complete without a visit to the Cliffs of Moher. These cliffs are located on the coast of County Clare and offer stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. Visitors can walk along the cliffs or take a boat out to sea for a close-up view of the cliffs.
What to see in Kerry
Kerry is a county in the southwest of Ireland. It is one of the country's most popular destinations thanks to its stunning scenery and a variety of activities and attractions. Some of the things you can see and do in Kerry are:
- Hiking and camping in Killarney National Park.
- Visit the Skellig Islands, home to an ancient monastery.
- Take a boat trip on the lakes of Killarney.
- Drive along the Ring of Kerry, a scenic road that circles the county.
- Visit the traditional Irish pubs in towns like Dingle and Tralee.
Kerry is a beautiful part of Ireland and should not be missed on any visit to the country!
Drive your rental car beyond Kerry
There are so many wonderful places to see in Kerry, Ireland and one of the best ways to experience them is on a road trip. Here are some of the best road trips from Kerry:
1. the Ring of Kerry - This 110-mile route takes you along the Iveragh Peninsula, past towering mountains, pristine lakes and a stunning coastline. It is one of the most popular tourist routes in all of Ireland for a reason!
2 The Dingle Peninsula - This beautiful peninsula is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Ireland. Highlights include Conor Pass (Ireland's highest mountain pass), Slea Head (the most westerly point in Europe) and the lively town of Dingle.
3. the Beara Peninsula - If you are looking for a road trip off the beaten track, the Beara Peninsula is a great option. This rugged and remote peninsula is home to some of Ireland's most beautiful scenery, including mountains, lakes and coastline.
4. Killarney National Park - This stunning national park is home to towering mountains, pristine lakes and lush forests. It's a great place to explore on foot or by bike, and there are numerous trails to choose from.
5. the Skellig Ring - This 62-mile route takes you around the dramatic Skellig coastline and offers some of the most stunning coastal views in all of Ireland. If you are lucky, you may even see dolphins or whales!
6. the Ring of Beara - This lesser-known ring road is a great alternative to the more famous Ring of Kerry. It's a little longer (120 miles) but offers stunning scenery with mountains, lakes and coastline.
7 The Glenbeigh Horseshoe - This beautiful route goes around the Glenbeigh peninsula and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside and coastline. It is a great place to visit if you want to escape the crowds.
Where to eat, drink, and party in Kerry
There are many places to eat and drink in Kerry, Ireland. Restaurants range from budget pubs to upscale eateries. Here are some of the best places to eat and drink in Kerry:
The Merry Ploughboy is a popular pub serving traditional Irish dishes. The menu includes favourites such as Shepherd's Pie and Banger and Mash. The pub also has a great selection of beers and whiskeys.
The Anchor Bar is a cosy little bar with a great selection of beers and wines. The bar is known for its fish and crisps, which are some of the best in town.
Ballyseede Castle Hotel is a luxury hotel with an award-winning restaurant. The restaurant serves both Irish and international cuisine. The hotel also has a great bar with an extensive wine list.
If you are looking for a place to drink, Kerry has some of the best pubs in Ireland. Tipperary's Bar is popular with locals and visitors alike. The pub has a lively atmosphere and serves a wide selection of beers and spirits.
The Kerry County Museum is also worth a visit. The museum has a café serving traditional Irish dishes. The museum itself is interesting and covers the history of Kerry.
Whatever your budget, you will find many great places to eat and drink in Kerry, Ireland.
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method, and you simply fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick-up. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency in the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted
You can pay with a debit card and credit card when making a booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when you make a booking. If you already have a booking, email us at email@example.com, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay for it to be repaired or fixed. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is Collision Damage Waiver
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by rent a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. There is an excess, also known as a deductible, that comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Car Hire Locations in Kerry 1 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Kerry
Best of Ireland