Car Hire in Bydgoszcz
Find best deals in Bydgoszcz
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Bydgoszcz
Bydgoszcz is a city in Poland, more precisely in the northern part of the country. Bydgoszcz is the seat of Bydgoszcz County and, together with Toruń, the capital of Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship. The city was founded in the 12th century at the confluence of the Vistula and Brda rivers. However, the settlements in this area existed much earlier, as it was a very welcoming area and many different cultures and civilizations passed through and dominated this area. This fact made this place even richer in character, spirit, and charm. Due to the many different cultural, historical, and religious sights, the city is a very popular destination for tourists and travelers from all over the world. It is the eighth largest city in Poland and the seat of the University of Casimir the Great. The fact that it is a university city adds another dimension to Bydgoszcz. The nightlife in the city is very lively. So if you are looking for a place to party, you will definitely find it in Bydgoszcz.
But Bydgoszcz is much more than just a university town. This city has a long and rich past that you can see in many amazing historical, cultural, and religious sites. If you are planning a road trip through Poland, be sure to put Bydgoszcz on your list of cities to stop in and spend a few days, you will not regret it. In Bydgoszcz, there is something to discover for every kind of tourist or traveler.
Thanks to the Vistula and Brda rivers, the city is well connected with other parts of the country and also with some cities in Germany. Bydgoszcz also has a very high quality of life. There are many parks and trees all over the city. There are really many reasons to plan your visit to Bydgoszcz, buckle up and drive safely!
Basic info and car hire in Bydgoszcz
- Location: Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship, northern Poland
- Population: 339,053
- Official language: Polish
- Currency: Polish Złoty
- Weather: Bydgoszcz has a humid continental climate
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: Most roads in Bydgoszcz are in good condition.
- Car hire in Bydgoszcz: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Bydgoszcz, is at Bydgoszcz Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire in Bydgoszcz!
Driving in Bydgoszcz
Driving in the Polish city of Bydgoszcz is a delightful experience. Bydgoszcz is nestled between green fields and the Brda River, so driving from one part of the city to another offer endless views of nature. The city has many attractions to offer, from the picturesque Old Town to the impressive museums, so driving from one sight to another is always a pleasure.
The roads are generally well-maintained and safe to drive on. Drivers must pay attention to road signs and obey speed limits to fully enjoy the beauty of the city. It is important to plan your route in advance, as there are lots of one-way streets or there are traffic jams in the city center.
Parking in Bydgoszcz is plentiful, so you can easily find a place to park your car and explore the city on foot. Most parking lots in the city offer hourly, daily, or monthly rates, so you can choose the best payment option depending on the length of your visit.
The best time to drive in Bydgoszcz is during the warmer months when the streets are filled with colorful life and events. On weekends, there are numerous festivals along the river and in other parts of the city, so it's best to avoid them and choose a route less traveled.
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in Poland is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old and with some suppliers for people over 75 years of age, you must also have held a driving license for a minimum of 12 months. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements.
- Additional papers: A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional requirements: Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with four wheels or more), headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually), crash helmet for motorcyclists or moped riders and their passengers (a child up to the age of seven may ride a motorcycle or moped as a passenger without a helmet if the speed does not exceed 40km/h), reflective jacket (although not mandatory to carry, you could be fined for walking on the side of a road outside a built-up area at night or in reduced visibility if not wearing one), fire extinguisher.
- Children in the car: Children under the age of 12 and less than 150cm in height must be restrained by a seat belt adapted to their size or seated in a special seat. If the car is equipped with airbags at the front, it is prohibited to place a child in a rear-facing seat on the front passenger seat
- Driving side of the road: Right hand
- Lights: You must turn your lights on any time you can't see at least 1000 feet ahead. Use your low-beam headlights whenever it is raining.
- General speed limits: The national speed limit on motorways in Poland, unless otherwise indicated on local signage, is 140km/h (87mph). On a main road outside a built-up area, it's 90 km/h to 120km/h (according to local signs). For built-up areas, it’s 50km/h (between the hours of 05:00 and 23:00) or 60km/h (between the hours of 23:00 and 05:00).
Car Hire in Bydgoszcz
Most popular car hire at Bydgoszcz
The most selected hire car in Bydgoszcz is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio, or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Bydgoszcz are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Bydgoszcz
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Bydgoszcz. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Poland.
Bydgoszcz-Poznan (138km with approximately 1,5 hours of drive)
- Bydgoszcz-Gdansk (167km with approximately 2 hours of drive)
Bydgoszcz-Warsaw (302km with approximately 3 hours of drive)
Bydgoszcz-Lodz (226km with approximately 2 hours of drive)
Popular day trips from Bydgoszcz
Oliwa Cathedral, Gdansk, Golden Gate, Old Town Centre, Goldwasser, Park "Łazienki", Masurian Lake District, Royal Castle, Warsaw Old Town, Bubbles, Warsaw, Akademicka,…
What to see in Bydgoszcz
Bydgoszcz is a great destination for all kinds of tourists and travelers. Especially in summer, there is really a lot going on in this city. There are many festivals along the river and many cultural events in the city. This is really a lively place to visit. In addition to all these events, there are also many historical, cultural, and religious sights worth visiting here in Bydgoszcz. So, there are more than enough reasons to put this city on your list of places to pass by during your road trip through Poland, or it could also be a perfect starting point for your road trip through this great country.
One of the places you should definitely not miss during your visit to Bydgoszcz is Mill Island. This is a green island in the river with old mills from the 1800s. These mills are now renovated and house various museums and galleries. This is really a great place to visit with your family.
A very interesting place to visit in this city is also the Museum of Soap and Dirt. Here you will learn how people in the past cleaned themselves, their clothes, houses, etc. It is really a unique museum and there is also an area where you can make your own soap.
Other places to visit and things to do in Bydgoszcz: Old Market Square, Town Hall, Deluge Fountain, Granaries by the Brda, Bydgoszcz Canal, Water Tower, Bydgoszcz Cathedral, Exploseum, Muzeum Wojsk Lądowych (Army Museum), Myślęcinek, "Man Crossing the River", 18th Meridian East, Water Tram,…
Drive your rental car beyond Bydgoszcz
The Republic of Poland is a country in Central Europe. Poland is divided into 16 administrative provinces, the voivodeships, and is the fifth most populous country in the European Union with 37.7 million inhabitants. There are several major cities in the country, the largest being: Warsaw, Kraków, Wrocław, Łódź, Poznań, Gdańsk, and Szczecin. Poland covers a large area stretching from the Baltic Sea in the north to the Sudetes and the Carpathian Mountains in the south. The country borders Lithuania and Russia to the northeast, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. It also shares maritime borders with Denmark and Sweden. Poland is a member of the European Union, including the Schengen area. It is also a founding member of the United Nations, as well as a member of the World Trade Organization and NATO. Poland has a temperate transitional climate, and in addition to many impressive cities, there are also many breathtaking natural sights that you should definitely visit if you are planning a road trip through Poland. This country has beautiful nature and also offers many outdoor activities that you can do all year round, from rafting on the rivers (the longest Polish river is the Vistula), climbing, hiking (Poland's highest mountain is Mount Rysy), cycling, mountain biking, swimming, skiing, snowboarding, sailing, etc. Moreover, this is a country with a long and rich past and also with a very strong tradition, so you can visit many different historical, cultural, and religious sights that will give you a different view of this interesting and beautiful country. The country has 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, 15 of which are cultural. There are numerous museums that will give you the opportunity to learn more about the history of Poland. The first evidence of people living on this soil dates back to 10000 BC. The country experienced several ups and downs in the past, and there were also many different civilizations that passed through and dominated this area in the past. Today's modern Poland was established in 1989.
When traveling through Poland, you will have the opportunity to meet very hospitable locals, enjoy delicious Polish cuisine, discover wonderful nature, vibrant cities, many cultural events, sporting events, and much more throughout the year. The roads are generally in good condition, so you will really enjoy driving. If we add the great landscapes you can experience on the roads of Poland, this is really a perfect country for a good road trip. There is something for every kind of tourist and traveler, it's up to you what kind of vacation you prefer, but you can be sure that you will not be bored in Poland. Besides many attractions, you can also experience very lively nightlife in Polish cities.
These are some of the most popular places to visit in Poland: Wroclaw, Warsaw, Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot, Cracow, Szczecin, Poznan, Torun, Malbork, Rzeszów, Lodz, Zakopane, Mikolajki, Swinoujscie.
Where to eat, drink, and party in Bydgoszcz
The Venice of Poland, as many people call Bydgoszcz, is a unique city and a unique city must also offer a unique gastronomic experience. There are many great bars and restaurants throughout the city where you can enjoy many different dishes. From traditional local cuisine to modern Polish cuisine. Of course, you can also find restaurants where you can enjoy menus from all over the world.
BEST PLACES FOR PARTY IN BYDGOSZCZ:
Kraftodajnia - Mutlitap Bar
Klub Bilardowy Maximus
Klub Lekko. Bars & Clubs
Best restaurant in Bydgoszcz
Shrimp Bistro - Bar Krewetkowy Jatki 9
King Fu Fusion
Restauracja Czosnek i Oliwa
Kuchnia by Marcin Szukaj
What you need to know about renting a car
How to make a booking with Orbit Car Hire?
You can easily book your vehicle with Orbit Car Hire. First, you must choose the date and location of your rental in our booking form. In the next step, you can pick out the vehicle you want from the list provided. After filling out the personal information form, there is a step where you choose the payment method, and you simply fill in your credit card information. Finally, you can print out your voucher, which is needed at pick-up time.
What are the charges for security deposits?
Every car rental has a security deposit policy. You will find the information about the security deposit while booking the vehicle or on your voucher.
What if I would like to change my booking?
How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge at least forty-eight hours before your rental is due to start. For further information, please read the Conditions of Use. Our customer service team will address your requests in due time:
- Phone:+44 20 8089 0089
- Email: email@example.com
When do I pay for the rental car?
You pay a small deposit when making the booking as a guarantee. The remaining balance is paid when you pick up your rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that the payment at the counter is paid in local currency.
What is included in the price?
Most of the reservations made by Orbit Car Hire include unlimited mileage, local tax, mandatory fees, and collision damage waiver. In steps 1 and 2 in the booking process or on your voucher, you can see all the details about your booking inclusions.
Are there any hidden fees?
There are no hidden charges! All mandatory surcharges and fees are presented in the 3rd step of the booking process and our Terms and Conditions. Please note that additional charges may apply for some rentals in the case of:
- Out-of-hours surcharge (when picking up the vehicle outside of office hours),
- One-way fee (when returning the vehicle at a different location),
- The service charge for fuel (prepaid fuel policy),
- Young/senior driver fee (this condition is set by the car hire company and is usually not about the regulation of the specific country),
- Excess and deposit amount (before hiring, you need to make sure your credit card limit is high enough for the deposit amount to be blocked, which usually equals the excess amount or higher).
We advise our clients to read the Terms and Conditions carefully before the rental to avoid surprises. Our knowledgeable customer service agents will gladly help you with any questions via phone, email, or live chat during our opening hours.
What is a voucher, and why do I need it?
A voucher is a document that confirms your booking, the price for your booking, and the payment of your booking. It is mandatory to have your voucher with you at the time of pick-up. If you do not have the voucher at the pickup, the vehicle provider may refuse to release the vehicle to you or change the rental price.
What is an airport or premium location fee?
A Premium location/airport fee is a fee that covers the location service costs. This fee is usually included in the price but may still occur at some locations and is charged locally.
What is Premium Coverage, and how does it work?
Premium Coverage is an optional service by Orbit Car Hire that, if accepted, covers your financial accountability for damage or theft to the hired vehicle. This is not insured with a car hire company that reduces the excess amount, but a cover refunds you if the car hire company charges you for damage or theft. With this option, you will be reimbursed up to 3000 EUR. You can read the Terms and Conditions or contact us for more information.
How do I find cheap car hire online?
Prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks before your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire.
How many countries do you compare to?
We at Orbit Car Hire compare car hire prices in over 140 countries, including popular destinations within Europe such as Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Iceland, Croatia, Malta, France, Slovenia, and Germany.
What currency should I use to pay for the car?
You can pay the confirmation fee on Orbit's page in EUR, GBP, ISK and USD. When you pick up your car hire, you will pay the remaining balance in the currency in the pickup country.
Can I rent a car from inside the terminal?
You can hire a car from inside the terminal. When you compare our offers, you can filter "In Terminal" to see all the offers we have that are inside the terminal.
What is the cheapest car to rent?
The cheapest car to rent is the Fiat 500, Volkswagen Up and Fiat Panda.
Can I add a driver to my booking?
You can always add a driver to your booking when finding your car hire deal on Orbit Car Hire. If you have already made a booking, you can contact us to add the additional driver. You can also add a driver to your booking when you pick up the vehicle.
What payment methods are accepted
You can pay with a debit card and credit card when making a booking with Orbit Car Hire. We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I drop off my car at a different location?
Yes, you can. When you look for car hire deals on our webpage, you can press "Yes" to "Different drop off location" and see all the best deals for one-way car hire.
How can I add a flight number to my booking?
You can add a flight number on our webpage when you make a booking. If you already have a booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our customer service will add your flight number to the booking.
Do I have to pay for toll roads?
If you drive where toll roads are required, you are responsible for paying for the toll roads on which you drive the rental vehicle.
What does deductible mean?
If a rental car is damaged or even stolen while on rent, there will be a limit to how much the renter has to pay for it to be repaired or fixed. Excess (also known as deductible) is a name for the amount that has to be paid. This excess is different between countries and car rental companies in each country. Depending on the car rental company, this can include fire, vandalism, theft, or loss of use while the car is being repaired. You can read more about deductibles right here.
What is Collision Damage Waiver
Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is a basic car rental insurance offered to renters by rent a car company. CDW limits your financial liability in case of damages to the body of the hired vehicle with an excess. The driver is responsible for paying for the excess, but the car rental company waives the rest of the cost. This excess can be different between rent a car company.
What is Theft Protection
Theft Protection is a car rental insurance that car rental companies offer. It protects the renter up to a certain amount from the risk of stealing the rental car or somebody trying to steal it. There is an excess, also known as a deductible, that comes with each Theft Protection. This excess is the limit to what the renter would have to pay if the car is stolen or if somebody tries to steal it.
Which brands can I compare with Orbit?
With Orbit Car Hire, you can compare car hire with all the major car rentals like Europcar, Enterprise, Alamo, Sixt and Budget. You can also compare over 100 local companies from all over the world.
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Bydgoszcz
Best of Poland