Car Hire in Burgas
Find your rental car in Burgas
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Burgas
Burgas is a city in Bulgaria, more precisely in the region of Northern Thrace. Burgas is the fourth largest Bulgarian city and the second largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. Burgas is a very important city in many respects. It is an industrial, transportation, cultural, and tourist center. It is the largest port in Bulgaria and also houses the largest oil refinery in Southeast Europe and the largest industrial company. All this makes Burgas a very lively city. There is always something going on in Burgas and you will notice that immediately when you arrive in this interesting Bulgarian port city. If you are taking a road trip through Bulgaria, you should definitely put Burgas on the list of places where you will stop and spend a few days. There are more than enough reasons to park your car and explore this city. There are also beaches that make this place very popular. There are also many great restaurants throughout the city and let us not forget that there is also a very lively nightlife here in Burgas. So, here in Burgas, there is really everything you need for a great vacation. The city could also be a perfect starting point for your road trip through Bulgaria or maybe through the Balkans.
Burgas is also home to the second most important airport in the country. This makes Burgas even more accessible, as there are many different ways you can get to this city. One is by car, as the main roads here are generally in good condition and the scenery is truly amazing. Another way to get to Burgas is by plane and the third is by boat, as it is a port city. You can always rent a car in Burgas if you arrive by plane or by ship.
Basic info and car hire in Burgas
- Location: Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast
- Population: 202.766 (2017)
- Official language: Bulgarian
- Currency: Bulgarian lev
- Weather: Burgas has a temperate climate with Mediterranean features. The weather in Burgas is very changeable, as it lies on the northern coast of the Black Sea. The average annual temperature is about 16 °C (61 °F). Summers are usually warm and sunny, while winters are cool and damp. The average July high temperature is about 28 °C (82 °F), while the January low temperature averages −2 °C (28 °F).
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The road conditions in Burgas, Bulgaria, are excellent. The roads are well-maintained, and the traffic is light. There are a few potholes here and there, but overall the roads are in perfect condition. If you're looking for a relaxed driving experience, Burgas is the place to be. Just watch out for the occasional cyclist!
- Car hire in Burgas: Car hire in Burgas is a great idea to explore all of what Bulgaria has to offer. The most common pick-up location is at Burgas Airport. There are many different car rental companies available and they all offer competitive prices. So it's best to book a car three or eight weeks ahead of time - this will ensure you get an affordable rate! Alternatively, if your travel plans change last minute there are plenty around who can help out as well; just look no further than us here at Orbit Car Hire.
Driving in Burgas
If you want to explore the city of Burgas and its surroundings, a rental car is the best solution for you. If you rent a car here in Burgas, you will have many great roads to drive on and some great places that you cannot reach without a car. If you want to explore the city center, it's best to park your car in one of the parking lots in the city (be sure to check prices and payment methods before parking). It is best to park your car in a parking lot in the city, where your car will be safe. Then you can explore the city center on foot. The roads here are generally in good condition. You should be more careful when exploring the surroundings of the cities because especially in the rural areas of Bulgaria you can sometimes be surprised by roads that are not so well maintained. There can also be many pedestrians, tractors, bicycles, motors, and even animals on the road, so you should always be fully focused on driving. Buckle up and drive safely!
- Age limits: The minimum age to drive a car in Bulgaria is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car in Bulgaria is 20 years old. It can differ between car categories and the minimum car rental age. Young driver fees can apply for drivers under the age of 25. This information is visible in the search engine Orbit Car Hire.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License. In addition, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements
- Additional papers: A credit card in the main driver's name needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car, so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle and on your voucher. It is essential to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver and additional drivers when it applies. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
- Additional requirements: If you are driving your car from the UK unless your headlights can be adjusted, it's a legal requirement to carry headlamp converters (stickers for your headlights when driving on the right, so your lights don't dazzle motorists coming the other way). A warning triangle is also compulsory to carry in vehicles in case of a breakdown. It's also recommended to have: Spare bulbs for your car's external lights, a fire extinguisher, a first-aid kit, and a reflective jacket (every passenger should have a reflective jacket which must be worn in case of a breakdown or emergency on a motorway when stepping out of the vehicle), snow chains (use of chains can be compulsory depending on road conditions so check local information. The speed limit when driving with snow chains is 50 km/h)
- Children in the car: According to the UNECE, child restraint seats are now required. Those children aged three and below must have child restraint seats. There are hefty fines implemented for those who won’t abide by the rules. Fifty leva is fine for getting caught not wearing a seatbelt and not having a child seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right
- Lights: All vehicles must drive with their headlights on, even in the daytime
- General speed limits: Speed limits in Bulgaria vary depending on the road. In built-up areas, the limit for cars is 50 km/h while outside these areas the limit is 90 km/h. On motorways, the limit is either 130 km/h or 140 km/h, depending on local signage.
- Parking suggestions: There are a few different options for parking in Burgas. The most common is on the street, where blue lines are painted on the ground to indicate where you can and cannot park. There are also many public parking garages throughout the city. Parking in these garages varies, but they are usually cheaper than parking on the street. Finally, there are a few private parking lots scattered around the city. These lots typically have higher prices, but they offer the convenience of being close to your destination.
Car Hire in Burgas
Most popular car hire at Burgas
The most selected hire car in Burgas is the Fiat 500, Renault Clio, or Opel Corsa. Renault Captur is also being a popular option. The most popular car types in Burgas are mini and economy.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Burgas
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside Burgas. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original site. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Bulgaria.
- Burgas - Sofia (382km, approx. 3,5-hour drive)
- Burgas - Plovdiv (253km, approx. 2,5-hour drive)
- Burgas - Varna (115km, approx. 2-hour drive)
Popular day trips from Burgas
Burgas is a great city to explore, but there are plenty of options if you're looking for some day trips. Just a few hours away from Burgas are the ancient ruins of Nessebar and Sozopol. These towns are perched on the edge of the Black Sea and offer stunning views and fascinating history. If you're looking for something more active, you can also head to the Pirin Mountains for hiking and skiing. Or, if you're in the mood for some beach time, Varna is just a short drive away. No matter your choice, you will have a great time exploring Bulgaria's beautiful landscape.
What to see in Burgas
Burgas is a coastal city and besides the beaches, there are many other things to see and do here. This is a perfect destination for families and also for other types of tourists and travelers from all over the world. In Burgas, there are many great cultural, historical, and religious attractions that are worth visiting, so you should definitely make a stop on your road trip through Bulgaria.
One of the attractions you can not miss in the city is undoubtedly the Sea Garden. The coastal cities and towns in Bulgaria are known for their beautiful gardens that add even more charm to these places. These great parks are places where sports facilities, gardens, and cultural sites come together in one attraction. At Sea Park, you can indulge in all kinds of activities and you can definitely spend a few days here.
Poda Sanctuary is another great attraction in Burgas and is completely different from Sea Park. It is a wetland area that is located south of Burgas. All kinds of animals live in this protected area and this makes Poda a very popular destination.
Other places to visit and things to do in Burgas: Holy Cross Armenian Church, Ethnographic Museum, Archaeology Museum, Deultum, Mosta, St. Anastasia Island, Sozopol, North Beach, Traditional Mehana, St. Ivan Island, Burgas Galleria, Strandzha, Nessebar,...
Drive your rental car beyond Burgas
Bulgaria or officially the Republic of Bulgaria is a country in Europe, more precisely in the southeastern part of the continent. The country is located in the eastern part of the Balkans and has five neighboring countries. Romania to the north, Serbia and Northern Macedonia to the west, and Greece and Turkey to the south. A border of Bulgaria also runs along the sea, as the country is located on the coast of the Black Sea. The capital of Bulgaria is Sofia and other important Bulgarian cities are Plovdiv, Burgas, and Varna.
This is a country with a very long, rich, and turbulent past. There have been many events here in the past that have shaped the Bulgaria of today. This is a unique country with many different faces. Here in Bulgaria, there are many different cultures and religions and this fact gives the country another dose of charm and spirit. Besides some interesting cities worth visiting here in Bulgaria, especially the big cities where you can visit many monuments, museums, galleries, cultural events, etc., Bulgaria also has a wonderful nature that offers all possibilities to tourists and travelers from all over the world. Especially in the last decade tourism in Bulgaria has grown very fast and there is really a lot to see and do here. You can enjoy here many different sports activities in beautiful nature with mountains, lakes, rivers and of course the Bulgarian Black Sea. Besides many different sports activities, this is also a perfect country for a road trip. You can travel from city to city and explore the rural parts of the country on the way. You can find some amazing authentic villages where you can get a glimpse of traditional life in Bulgaria. There are also many wineries in the countryside, so if you like wine, you can visit many different places where quality Bulgarian wine is made.
Bulgaria is a country that is interesting to visit all year round. It is up to you what kind of activities (swimming, skiing, snowboarding, skating, cycling, running, sailing, climbing, rafting, kayaking, etc.) you prefer on your holiday, but one thing is for sure, you will not be bored in Bulgaria. Each month of the year offers a different face of Bulgaria, and each one is very interesting to discover. Being a culturally very rich destination, you can visit some great monuments here in Bulgaria.
Here are some places to visit in Bulgaria: Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia, Zheravna, Burgas, Rila Monastery, Bansko, Pamporovo, Pirin National Park, Belogradchik, Plovdiv, Sunny Beach, Koprivshtitsa, Perperikon, Nessebar...
Where to eat, drink, and party in Burgas
There is no shortage of food and drink options in Burgas, Bulgaria. From traditional Bulgarian cuisine to international favorites, there is something for everyone.
For those looking to taste Bulgarian culture, plenty of restaurants serve local dishes like shopska salad, banitsa, and gyuvetch. These meals are typically made with fresh ingredients and are hearty, perfect for filling up on a cold winter day.
If international cuisine is more your style, Burgas has you covered there too. Italian, Mexican, Indian, and Thai restaurants can all be found in the city. And if you're looking for something a bit more traditional, there are plenty of cafes and bars serving classic European dishes and drinks.
No matter what you're in the mood for, Burgas has something to satisfy your appetite. You're sure to find something to your taste with such a wide variety of restaurants and bars. So why not visit Burgas and indulge in its delicious food and drink?
BEST PLACES FOR A PARTY IN BURGAS:
ECO-Bar By Michael
Bedroom Beach Club
Sunny Beach Takeover Events
Amigo Bar Sunny Beach
BEST RESTAURANTS IN BURGAS:
Happy Bar & Grill
Restto - Terribly Good
What you need to know about renting a car
What do I need to rent a car in Bulgaria?
A credit card in the main driver's name needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car, so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle and on your voucher. It is essential to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver and additional drivers when it applies.
An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need identification with you, such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car, you need to have your voucher.
How old do I need to be to rent a car in Bulgaria?
The minimum age to rent a car in Bulgaria is 20 years old; it can also be different from car categories. Young driver fees may apply to drivers under the age of 25. This information is visible in the search engine Orbit Car Hire.
Do I need car insurance in Bulgaria?
Insurances are essential when renting a car and can be different between countries. When renting a car in Bulgaria with Orbit Car Hire, the country's prices will include mandatory insurance.
Do I need a credit card to rent a car in Bulgaria?
In most cases, a credit card must be presented in the name of the main driver. In addition, a security deposit may be required when renting a car, so it is vital to have sufficient funds on the credit card. When searching for a vehicle at Orbit, you can see credit card requirements from all our suppliers.
Do I need an international driving license in Bulgaria?
An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License. In addition, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements.
How do I find the cheapest car hire in Bulgaria?
You can find cheap car hire by comparing prices with all major car rentals at Orbit Car Hire. A good idea can be to book in advance as the costs increase closer to the travel period.
What is the cheapest rental car in Bulgaria?
You will find the mini car category or economy cars as the cheapest car categories. Vehicles such as Kia Picanto, Renault Clio, Toyota Aygo often provide the best prices.
What is the best car rental company in Bulgaria?
You may find excellent services provided by companies such as Abbycar, Enterprise rent a car, Alamo, Thrifty, Firefly, and Mex rent a car.
What types and makes of rental cars deals can I find in Bulgaria?
You will find car types such as mini, economy, compact, Full-Size, and luxury cars. Popular rental cars are Kia Picanto, Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio, VW Golf, Mercedes E-class.
Does my rental car have unlimited mileage when I book it for Bulgaria?
Most car rentals in Bulgaria offer unlimited mileage in their offers.
Car Hire Locations in Burgas 1 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Burgas
Best of Bulgaria