Car Hire in Plovdiv
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Plovdiv
The city of Plovdiv is the second-largest city in Bulgaria. It's located in the southern part of the country and is known for its rich history and beautiful architecture. Some of the most popular attractions in Plovdiv include the Roman Theatre, the Old Town, and the Botanical Gardens. The city is also home to many museums, including the Ethnographic Museum and the Archaeological Museum. In addition, there are plenty of restaurants, bars, and clubs in Plovdiv and a lively nightlife scene. The city is also well-connected to other parts of Bulgaria via bus and train services.
Basic info and car hire in Plovdiv
- Location: Southern Bulgaria
- Population: 343,424 (2017)
- Official language: Bulgarian
- Currency: Bulgarian lev
- Weather: The weather in Plovdiv is typically mild, but the city experiences all four seasons. The winters are cold, with an average temperature of around 0 degrees Celsius. The summers are hot, with an average temperature of approximately 24 degrees Celsius. Spring and autumn are mild, with average temperatures of around 12-15 degrees Celsius.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants and cafes offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The road conditions in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, are generally good. However, there are a few areas where the roads need repair. Drivers should be careful when travelling in these areas, as the streets can be pretty bumpy and dangerous. Overall, the road conditions in Plovdiv are satisfactory and provide a safe means of transportation for locals and visitors alike.
- Car hire in Plovdiv: There are plenty of car hire companies in Plovdiv, Switzerland, to choose from. You can find a list of Plovdiv's car hire companies on Orbit Car Hire. When hiring a car, it is essential to consider the cost of fuel and insurance. The fuel cost in Switzerland is expensive, so you may want to choose an economical car to run. Insurance premiums vary depending on the company, so it is essential to compare different quotes before making your final decision. The most popular location to rent a car in Plovdiv is the airport.
Driving in Plovdiv
There are a few things to keep in mind when driving in Plovdiv. The first is that the traffic can be pretty heavy, so be prepared for many stopping and starting. The streets can also be relatively narrow, so take it slow and avoid turning. And finally, remember that locals tend to drive quite aggressively, so stay calm and don't get too frustrated. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to navigate the streets of Plovdiv without any trouble. Have fun!
- Age limits: Different driver age restrictions apply to different vehicle groups and these are applied automatically to all online rental searches. If you entered your correct age and the online search returned a specific vehicle group, you are eligible to rent it. Please note that the same restrictions apply to all Additional Drivers. You must have held your Driving Licence for a minimum of 1 full year(s).
The minimum driver age for the vehicle that you selected is 19.
The maximum driver age for the vehicle that you selected is 75.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving Licence if the National Driving Licence you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not clearly identifiable as a Driving Licence, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese).
- Additional papers: You and all Additional Drivers must present a full valid original Driving Licence and the voucher or booking confirmation document when picking up the vehicle. If your Driving Licence has multiple parts, you must present all of them. All requirements apply to both you and any Additional Drivers.
- Children in the car: Children under 150 cm. Should use the car's back seat, and children under three years must use a child car seat.
- Driving side of the road: Right.
- Lights: Check that all lights are working, clean, and correctly aimed.
- General speed limits: Highways - the speed limit on highways is 140 km / h; the minimum is 60 km / h; on Interurban roads - the maximum permitted speed is 90 km / h; In cities - the maximum authorized speed is 50 km / h.
- Parking suggestions: Parking a car in Plovdiv can be a challenge. There are only a few parking garages in the city, which are often full. Street parking is also difficult to find, and it can be expensive. The best option is to park your car in one of the many parks near the city centre. Many of these parks have free parking, close to restaurants, shops, and other attractions. Just be sure to read the signs carefully so that you don't get a ticket.
Car Hire in Plovdiv
Most popular car hire at Plovdiv
The most selected hire car in Plovdiv is the Fiat Panda, with the Toyota Aygo and Volkswagen Golf also being a popular options. The most popular car types in Sofia are mini, economy and standard categories.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Plovdiv
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Plovdiv. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Bulgaria.
- Plovdiv - Varna (369km, approx. 4,5-hour drive)
- Plovdiv - Burgas (254km, approx. 2,5-hour drive)
- Plovdiv - Sofia (144km, approx. 1,5-hour drive)
Popular day trips from Plovdiv
There are many popular day trips from Plovdiv, Bulgaria. One of the most popular is to go to the ancient city of Rhodope. Rhodope is located about an hour and a half from Plovdiv and is home to many ancient ruins. Another popular day trip is to go to the waterfall known as “the seven sisters”. This waterfall is located about two hours from Plovdiv and is a beautiful site to see. Finally, another popular day trip is to visit the wineries in the village of Koprivshtitsa. Koprivshtitsa is located about an hour and a half from Plovdiv and is home to many charming traditional Bulgarian villages. Any of these day trips are sure to be a memorable experience!
What to see in Plovdiv
Plovdiv, Bulgaria, is a city that is rich in history and culture. There are many things to see and do in this vibrant city. Some of the top attractions include the Ancient Roman Theatre, the Ethnographic Museum, and the Kapana District. The Roman Theatre is an ancient amphitheatre built in the 2nd century AD. It is one of the oldest theatres in Europe and offers beautiful views of the city. The Ethnographic Museum showcases Bulgarian culture and traditions, while the Kapana District is a trendy neighbourhood with many art galleries, cafes, and restaurants. Visitors will also want to check out the Church of St. George, one of the oldest churches in Bulgaria, and take a walk through the city's charming streets. Plovdiv is a beautiful city to explore, and visitors are sure to find plenty of things to see and do.
Drive your rental car beyond Plovdiv
Many great road trips can be taken from Plovdiv, Bulgaria. One of the most popular routes is to head north to the city of Ruse, which is located on the banks of the Danube River. From there, visitors can continue to Bucharest, Romania. Other popular destinations include the Black Sea Coast and Istanbul, Turkey. Finally, those looking for a more adventurous route can explore the mountains in the south or head west to visit some of Bulgaria's beautiful lakes. No matter what path is chosen, there are plenty of amazing sights and experiences to be had along the way. So, pack up the car and hit the open road for an unforgettable adventure!
Where to eat, drink, and party in Plovdiv
When it comes to food and drinks, Plovdiv has a lot to offer. Many restaurants, cafes, and bars serve traditional Bulgarian food and drinks. Some of the most popular dishes in Plovdiv are shopska salad, banitsa, and rakia. Shopska salad is a mix of diced tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, and feta cheese. Banitsa is a pastry made with layers of filo dough filled with cheese or meat. Rakia is a strong alcoholic drink made from grapes or fruit.
If you're looking for something sweet, Plovdiv has plenty of bakeries and candy stores. The most popular bakery items are pastries such as baklava and kadaif. Baklava is a pastry made with layers of filo dough filled with chopped nuts and syrup or honey. Kadaif is a pastry made with thin strands of dough filled with walnuts, almonds, pistachios, or other nuts and soaked in syrup.
If you're looking for something to drink, Plovdiv has many different types of coffee shops and bars. Some of the most popular drinks in Plovdiv are coffee, beer, wine, and rakia. Coffee is a drink made from roasted coffee beans ground and brewed with hot water. Beer is a drink made from malted barley, hops, yeast, and water. Wine is a drink made from fermented grapes or other fruits. Finally, Rakia is a strong alcoholic drink made from grapes or fruit.
So, whether you're looking for a quick snack or a full meal, Plovdiv has something to satisfy your appetite. And, if you want to enjoy a drink with friends, there are plenty of places in Plovdiv to choose from. So, come and explore the food and beverages of Plovdiv! You won't be disappointed.
What you need to know about renting a car
What do I need to rent a car in Bulgaria?
A credit card in the main driver's name needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car, so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle and on your voucher. It is essential to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver and additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need identification with you, such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car, you need to have your voucher.
How old do I need to be to rent a car in Bulgaria?
The minimum age to rent a car in Bulgaria is 20 years old; it can also be different from car categories. Young driver fees may apply to drivers under the age of 25. This information is visible in the search engine Orbit Car Hire.
Do I need car insurance in Bulgaria?
Insurances are essential when renting a car and can be different between countries. When renting a car in Bulgaria with Orbit Car Hire, the country's prices will include mandatory insurance.
Do I need a credit card to rent a car in Bulgaria?
In most cases, a credit card must be presented in the name of the main driver. In addition, a security deposit may be required when renting a car, so it is vital to have sufficient funds on the credit card. When searching for a vehicle at Orbit, you can see credit card requirements from all our suppliers.
Do I need an international driving license in Bulgaria?
An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License. In addition, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements.
How do I find the cheapest car hire in Bulgaria?
You can find cheap car hire by comparing prices with all major car rentals at Orbit Car Hire. A good idea can be to book in advance as the costs increase closer to the travel period.
What is the cheapest rental car in Bulgaria?
You will find the mini car category or economy cars as the cheapest car categories. Vehicles such as Kia Picanto, Renault Clio, Toyota Aygo often provide the best prices.
What is the best car rental company in Bulgaria?
You may find excellent services provided by companies such as Abbycar, Enterprise rent a car, Alamo, Thrifty, Firefly, and Mex rent a car.
What types and makes of rental cars deals can I find in Bulgaria?
You will find car types such as mini, economy, compact, Full-Size, and luxury cars. Popular rental cars are Kia Picanto, Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio, VW Golf, Mercedes E-class.
Does my rental car have unlimited mileage when I book it for Bulgaria?
Most car rentals in Bulgaria offer unlimited mileage in their offers.
Car Hire Locations in Plovdiv 1 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Plovdiv
Best of Bulgaria