Car Hire in Gold Coast
Find your rental car in Gold Coast
Find your car rental
Cheap car hire deals in Gold Coast
About Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia. It is known for its long sandy beaches, Surfers Paradise and its many theme parks such as Dreamworld, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild. The Gold Coast is also home to some of the best schools and universities in the country.
The Gold Coast offers something for everyone. There are world-class restaurants, trendy bars, beautiful parks and gardens and plenty of activities to keep you busy. Whether you love the outdoors, thrill-seekers or sun worshippers, you'll find what you are looking for on the Gold Coast.
Basic info and car hire in Gold Coast
- Location: Queensland
- Population: 540.559 (2016)
- Official language: English
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Weather: The weather in Gold Coast, Australia is typically hot and sunny. The summers are especially hot, with temperatures often reaching into the high 30s or even low 40s. However, the area does also experience rain, so it's a good idea to bring an umbrella when visiting.
- Internet coverage: Hotels, bars, restaurants, and cafés offer Wi-Fi.
- Road conditions: The condition of the roads in Gold Coast, Australia varies greatly depending on the time of day and weather conditions. During the daytime, the roads are usually in good condition, but they can become quite slippery during rain or wet weather.
- Car hire in Gold Coast: The most common pick-up point for vehicles in Gold Coast is Gold Coast Airport. Please note that prices vary frequently. It is best to book a car 3 to 8 weeks in advance of your desired pick-up date - this will ensure you get the cheapest rental rate. Alternatively, it is also possible to find cheap last-minute car hire. Find the best deal on car hire on Gold Coast!
Driving in Gold Coast
There are a few things you should be aware of when driving in Gold Coast. Firstly, the roads can be quite winding and narrow, so take your time and be careful when driving around bends. Secondly, there is a lot of traffic on the roads, especially during peak hours, so you should allow plenty of time for your journey. Finally, the speed limits on the Gold Coast are strictly enforced. So be sure to stick to the limit or you could face a fine.
If you are not familiar with the area, plan your route before you set off. There are a number of apps and websites that can help you with this, such as Google Maps and TripAdvisor. Also, make sure you have a full tank of petrol before you set off, as there are only a few petrol stations in Gold Coast.
When travelling in the city, be aware of one-way streets and obey traffic lights. There are also a number of toll roads in Gold Coast, so make sure you have enough money to pay the tolls. If you do not have change, there are vending machines at some toll booths that give change.
- Age limits: Minimum driver age for the vehicle that you selected is 21. The maximum driver age for the vehicle that you selected is 99. Please note that Young/Senior Driver fees will only be displayed correctly if you entered your age correctly in the search criteria. If you add Additional Drivers to your rental and any of them are considered Young/Senior Drivers, you may have to pay both an Additional Driver Fee and a Young/Senior Driver Fee.
- International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving Licence if the National Driving Licence you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving Licence, e.g., it is in a non-Latin alphabet (e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). English translations of foreign licences are also accepted.
- Additional papers: You and all Additional Drivers must present a full valid original Driving Licence and the voucher or booking confirmation document when picking up the vehicle. If your Driving Licence has multiple parts, you must present all of them. All requirements apply to both you and any Additional Drivers.
- Additional requirements: Glasses (in case you need glasses, you must always have a spare pair in the car), light bulbs (are usually already in the car and are provided by the car rental company), warning triangle
- Children in the car: The minimum legal requirements for the use of child car seats in Australia are based on age: children under six months must use a rear-facing child seat with an integral harness. Children aged six months to four years must use a rear-facing or forward-facing child seat with an integrated harness. Children aged four to seven years must use a forward-facing child seat with an integrated belt or a booster seat with an adult lap belt or a child safety belt. Children aged seven and over must use a booster seat with an adult lap belt or a child safety belt or a standard seat with an adult seat belt.
- Driving side of the road: Left side.
- Lights: Daytime headlights is recommended at all times and required in the rain, fog or under challenging weather conditions.
- General speed limits: In Gold Coast, speed limits vary between 10km/h-110km/h.
- Parking suggestions: It is relatively easy to find parking in Gold Coast. Keep in mind that you may need to pay for parking.
Car Hire in Gold Coast
Most popular car hire at Gold Coast
The most selected hire car in Gold Coast is the Kia Picanto, with the Toyota Yaris and Mitsubishi Outlander also being a popular options. The most popular car types in Gold Coast are mini, standard and economy car categories.
Popular Driving Routes
Popular One-Way car hire from Gold Coast
Want to rent a car for a one-way trip? No worries! Orbit Car Hire offers a variety of one-way Car Hire options in many locations outside of Gold Coast. One-way car rental is ideal for cross-town or cross-country travel, saving time by not returning to your original location. Start your reservation with Orbit Car Hire and find great options on one-way car hire at locations across the Australia.
- Gold Coast - Brisbane (77,7km, approx. 1-hour drive)
- Gold Coast - Sydney (850 km, approx 9-hour drive)
- Gold Coast - Sunshine Coast (183km, approx 2-hour drive)
How can I save money on my rental car?
- Save money by booking and being charged the best possible price
- Book with a name you know, with brands that have shown their quality before
- No hidden fees or costs. Orbit Car Hire has transparent pricing policies.
- Pay on Arrival option.
- Carefree travel with Orbit Car Hire
- Secure, eco-friendly cars guaranteed to meet your needs
Popular day trips from Gold Coast
From the Gold Coast in Australia, there are many great day trips to keep you entertained and busy. Here are some of the best:
1. Explore the rainforest at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. This sanctuary is home to a variety of Australian animals including kangaroos, koalas and wallabies. You can also visit the local zoo to see lions, tigers and other exotic animals.
2 Go to the beach! The Gold Coast is famous for its stunning beaches where you can swim, surf, sunbathe and build sandcastles.
3. Take a trip to Byron Bay. This charming town is just an hour north of the Gold Coast and is known for its funky art scene and laid-back atmosphere.
4 Visit the theme parks! The Gold Coast is home to some of the best amusement parks in the world, including Dreamworld, Movie World and Wet'n'Wild.
5. Go for a hike or a bike ride through the hinterland. The Gold Coast hinterland is full of beautiful forests, mountains and valleys that are perfect for exploring on foot or by bike.
Whatever you choose, a day trip from Australia's Gold Coast is sure to be a lot of fun!
What to see in Gold Coast
There is much to see and do in Gold Coast, Australia. The city offers beautiful beaches, lush rainforests and an exciting nightlife. Here are some of the top attractions in Gold Coast:
1. Surfers Paradise: This world-famous beach is known for its great surfing and breathtaking views. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities here, including swimming, sunbathing and fishing.
2. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is home to a variety of Australian animals including kangaroos, koalas and Tasmanian devils. Visitors can join a safari tour or visit the animal hospital to learn more about these animals.
3. Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast: This amusement park is perfect for thrill-seekers. It offers a range of rides and attractions, including water slides and roller coasters.
4. Dreamworld: This theme park is another great option for adrenaline junkies. It offers a range of family-friendly rides and attractions, but also some more extreme options.
5. Gold Coast Hinterland: This beautiful area is perfect for nature lovers. Visitors can explore the rainforest, go hiking or cycling, or visit one of the charming villages in the area.
Gold Coast is a great destination for those looking for an exciting holiday. With its beautiful beaches, lush forests and exciting nightlife, this city has something for everyone. Be sure to visit some of the top attractions such as Surfers Paradise, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast to make the most of your trip.
Drive your rental car beyond Gold Coast
There are many great trips you can take from the Gold Coast in Australia. One of the most popular routes is the drive up the Queensland coast to Cairns. The drive takes about 10 hours and offers breathtaking views of the ocean and mountains. Another great option is to drive inland and explore the lush rainforest and winding roads of the Atherton Tablelands. This drive takes about six hours and takes you through some beautiful scenery. No matter which route you choose, you will definitely have a fantastic Australia road trip!
If you are looking for an adventurous road trip, why not head to the Outback? The drive from the Gold Coast to Alice Springs is over 2,000 kilometres long and takes about two days. Along the way you will see amazing landscapes including rugged mountains, vast deserts and eerie ghost towns. This is an epic journey you will never forget!
So if you are looking for a great road trip around Australia, the Gold Coast is the perfect place to start. There are many great routes to choose from, so you can create your perfect trip. So what are you waiting for? Get in your car and hit the open road!
Where to eat, drink, and party in Gold Coast
When it comes to finding a good restaurant in Gold Coast, Australia, you'll be spoilt for choice. Here are some of the best places you should check out:
American Express Openair Cinemas: This open-air cinema offers a variety of food and drinks, including movie snacks, beer, wine and cocktails.
This open-air cinema offers a variety of food and drinks, including movie snacks, beer, wine and cocktails. Broadbeach Mall: This mall houses a variety of restaurants and cafés, including Thai, Indian, Italian, Japanese and Mexican cuisine. There is also a supermarket for those who want to prepare their own meals.
This shopping centre houses a variety of restaurants and cafés, including Thai, Indian, Italian, Japanese and Mexican cuisine. There is also a supermarket for those who wish to prepare their own meals. The Star: This casino and hotel offers a range of restaurants and bars, including international cuisine, pub fare and cocktails.
No matter what you are in the mood for, you are sure to find something great to eat and drink in Gold Coast!
What you need to know about renting a car
What do I need to rent a car in Australia?
A credit card in the name of the main driver needs to be presented. A security deposit may be required while renting a car so the credit card must have sufficient funds. You can find details about the security deposit listed while booking the vehicle as well as on your voucher. It is important to have a valid driving license with the name of the main driver as well as additional drivers when it applies. An International Driving Permit is required in addition to a National Driving License if the National Driving License you or any of the Additional Drivers hold is not identifiable as a Driving License, eg, it is in a non-Latin alphabet (eg Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese). It can also depend on the country or car rental company you are renting with. If you have found a car on our website, you can press the rental terms link from the supplier for more information about driving license requirements. You will need to have identification with you such as a passport and ID cards. When you pick up your rental car you need to have your voucher with you.
How old do I need to be to rent a car in Australia?
The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old, but for car groups such as Luxury, Premium, Fullsize, SUVs, the minimum rental age is 30 years. Young driver surcharges may apply to many car rental companies for people under 25 years of age. This information is visible in the search engine with Orbit Car Hire.
Do I need car insurance in Australia?
Insurances are very important when renting a car and can be different between countries. When renting a car in Australia with Orbit Car Hire the prices will include mandatory insurances in the country.
Do I need a credit card to rent a car in Australia?
In most cases, a credit card is required to be presented in the name of the main driver. A security deposit may be required when renting a car so it is important to have sufficient funds on the credit card. When searching for a car at Orbit you can see credit card requirements from all our suppliers.
What is the cheapest rental car in Australia?
You will find the mini car category or economy cars to be the cheapest car categories. Vehicles such as Toyota Yaris and Kia Picanto often provide the best prices.
What is the best car rental company in Australia?
You may find excellent service provided by companies such as Europcar, Enterprise rent a car, Keddy, Alamo and National rent a Car Companies.
What types and makes of rental car deals can I find in Australia?
You will find car types such as mini, economy, compact, Full-Size, and luxury cars. Popular rental cars are Toyota Hilux, Ford Ranger, Toyota Rav 4, Toyota Corolla.
Does my rental car have unlimited mileage when I book it for Australia?
Most car rentals in Australia offer unlimited mileage in their offers.
Do I need an international driving license in Australia?
An International Driving license is mandatory if the driver's license is written in a language or in characters that cannot be read in the renting country.
Car Hire Locations in Gold Coast 2 location(s) found
Find The Best Car Hire Companies In Gold Coast
Best of Australia